What offset for 285/75/17 wheels on 99 LX 470? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and read many threads on the subject but can't find an exact answer. I am planning on putting 285/75/17 KO2s (basically a 34" tire that is 11.3" wide) on my LX470. I am looking at Alphaequipt wheels which are 8.5" wide. Would i be better off going with a +25 or +35 offset wheel?

That's a great size. I had ST Maxxs in that size for a couple years. Not too much rubbing. I would go with a +25 personally, as I think it looks better and you don't have to worry about contact with the UCA. My wheels are 17x8.5 +27 so you can get an idea:

7zTfxav.jpg

xmu5G0l.jpg

yC1rvn6.jpg

Your factory wheels are 60, so a +35 is like running a stock wheel with a 1 inch spacer. +25 is basically stock with 1 3/8 spacer.

Last edited:
10mm delta is not much of a difference between the two offset specs. I guess it would be decided on your personal preference if you like your wheel/tire poking out the body more (+25 ET).

You beat me to this post! I’ve been considering these same wheels and tire size in prep for summer since I put snow tires on my factory 18s. I’ve been reading the same threads as you. @ga12r1 had to trim his pinch weld with this size on Rock Warriors (+50), not sure if he had spacers.

I’m planning to run the +35 offset because it’s what Alpha recommends for our application and also because I want to keep my tires in as much as I can. I’m deciding between STMaxx a la @ikarus or the Wildpeak A/T3W. I know some fit STMaxx 295/70R18 on stock +60 offset with no issues. Our size is barely shorter, a little narrower, and 3/4” further outboard (+35; I guess this would be about an inch on the +25). Should be not too bad. I might ask my tire shop if they’ll mount one for me to test fit before I commit to five, by that point though the wheels are mine either way.

FWIW, I like the tire size because it’s almost the biggest thing we can stuff in the wheel well without much trouble and it has a higher profile than other tires of similar diameter.

Thank you everyone for the informative replies. @SlowBuild i like that idea. I am going to order some +25 Alphaequipt wheels very soon. Which model and color are you going with?

Thank you everyone for the informative replies. @SlowBuild i like that idea. I am going to order some +25 Alphaequipt wheels very soon. Which model and color are you going with?

I like the Echo. Probably light grey, closest to a stock look (but maybe black?) I’ve never seen them in person. I have a white LX. It’ll likely be 2-6 weeks before I get around to ordering.

You beat me to this post! I’ve been considering these same wheels and tire size in prep for summer since I put snow tires on my factory 18s. I’ve been reading the same threads as you. @ga12r1 had to trim his pinch weld with this size on Rock Warriors (+50), not sure if he had spacers.

I’m planning to run the +35 offset because it’s what Alpha recommends for our application and also because I want to keep my tires in as much as I can. I’m deciding between STMaxx a la @ikarus or the Wildpeak A/T3W. I know some fit STMaxx 295/70R18 on stock +60 offset with no issues. Our size is barely shorter, a little narrower, and 3/4” further outboard (+35; I guess this would be about an inch on the +25). Should be not too bad. I might ask my tire shop if they’ll mount one for me to test fit before I commit to five, by that point though the wheels are mine either way.

FWIW, I like the tire size because it’s almost the biggest thing we can stuff in the wheel well without much trouble and it has a higher profile than other tires of similar diameter.
Well I sold @MongooseGA my tires and I believe he is running the same 1.25”spacer size that I was running. The difference in rub could very well be tha amount of caster I was running on my SPC UCAs. I think I was running in position “B”. That’s something else to consider when comparing who rubs and who doesn’t.

Following this as I'm looking to put on the exact same size wheels on a +25 rim.

I went ahead and ordered the Alphaequipt Command wheels in the +35 offset. I’m not sure how I missed it but that’s the only offset they offer in the 5x150. I will keep everyone posted once I get them mounted.

After ordering the wheels they sent me an email and asked what vehicle these would be going on. And here is their reply after I told them a 100 Series:

“Regarding your vehicle platform, unfortunately we ran into fitment issues. We did design the 5x150 +35mm wheel to fit on your 100 series Land Cruiser, but we encountered an issue where the vehicle’s hub runs into the lip of the bore. Thus the wheel would not be seated properly. However there are two options you can do for it to fit properly:

Run the +35mm offset with a 1” spacer

We cancel your +35mm order, and order the +15mm offset and run a 5mm spacer.”

So looks like I’m going to have to run a 1” spacer.

After ordering the wheels they sent me an email and asked what vehicle these would be going on. And here is their reply after I told them a 100 Series:

“Regarding your vehicle platform, unfortunately we ran into fitment issues. We did design the 5x150 +35mm wheel to fit on your 100 series Land Cruiser, but we encountered an issue where the vehicle’s hub runs into the lip of the bore. Thus the wheel would not be seated properly. However there are two options you can do for it to fit properly:

Run the +35mm offset with a 1” spacer

We cancel your +35mm order, and order the +15mm offset and run a 5mm spacer.”

So looks like I’m going to have to run a 1” spacer.

Thank you for the update. Main attraction for me was the 17” diameter and the +35 offset, just about ideal I would think. If I’m running a spacer, I’m back where I started. A few different options, but all have some compromises.

A 1” spacer on a stock wheel puts me right about at +35mm, where I want to be. Not ideal, and hard to find a stock 17”, but still....

@alphaequipt, any plans for a redesign?

Hi all, I appreciate your inquiries regarding our wheels.

We did make an error in the design on fitting the +35mm offset on the 100 series. We apologize for this error and want to make it right. For this year, we are looking to do a +25mm offset for the 5x150 platform and we are looking to release these in Q2.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom