What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LittleRock80 and @Tireguy87 and any other RLC'er that has a Hunnerd. If you haven't done so already.....

CHECK YO HEATER HOSE TEE'S!!

Knew mine were needing some attention for some time. Showed signs of leakage. One completely fell apart as soon as I tried to remove it. Crisis averted narrowly.

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

@fjfodee funny you mention that. I had the motor cover off inspecting mine today. I also noticed some dried coolant around them so I'll be ordering new ones ASAP. I'm also trying to chase down the reason why my driver side floor board keeps getting water in it. I blew out my sunroof vents today with the air hose so we will see if that helps. When I removed the weathertech liner, the carpet was completely damp...

@fjfodee funny you mention that. I had the motor cover off inspecting mine today. I also noticed some dried coolant around them so I'll be ordering new ones ASAP. I'm also trying to chase down the reason why my driver side floor board keeps getting water in it. I blew out my sunroof vents today with the air hose so we will see if that helps. When I removed the weathertech liner, the carpet was completely damp...

My 80 has that problem too. Have to blow those vents out occasionally.

My T's are not original, but I think they need to be done again. What are the cool kids replacing them with these days? TEQ or something from Home Depot?

Added 4 new OEM toyota shocks, OME 2860 rear springs, replaced all the sway bar links, cranked the torsion bars...
BEFORE: Frt sagged to 18", RR sagged to 19.5"
AFTER: Frt at 20.25, RR at 22.0 and the whole thing is much tighter

Added 4 new OEM toyota shocks, OME 2860 rear springs, replaced all the sway bar links, cranked the torsion bars...
BEFORE: Frt sagged to 18", RR sagged to 19.5"
AFTER: Frt at 20.25, RR at 22.0 and the whole thing is much tighter

Did you have to get it aligned after cranking the T-bars? Tire size? Pics?

I have an extra pair of 860's laying around and have been wanting to do this.

Did you have to get it aligned after cranking the T-bars? Tire size? Pics?

I have an extra pair of 860's laying around and have been wanting to do this.

So I gave the TBs one more crank and drove it around, measured again...Frt 20.5 Rr 22.0...and here is a pic of it today...overcast, not great pic...slicks(Mich LTX 275/70/16)...bought another set of stock wheels to put some 285/75/16 Muds on...will likely get alignment checked when I'm sure Im done tweaking for a while...should only need a slight camber adjustment

Pic Jan 12 2016.jpg

Spent the past couple weeks putting the diamond in! Just took my time and did everything myself. Quite the learning experience lol. Had a few things that had to be addressed. The biggest thing being my SCS wheels wouldn't fit completely over the hub due to the smaller o.d. beveled lip that holds the center cap. Had to have that lip machined off. Also snapped an ARP hub stud putting the nut on. Brian seems to think it was defective. He's only seen a handful of these do this. Lower shock mount fought me for forever b/c the i.d. of the shock eye bearing was very close to the o.d. of the shock mount. Other than that, went over well.

Completely Assembled (minus shafts and drive flanges)
IMG_20170103_080115_230_zpsvdfsebn3.jpg

IMG_20170101_164753_822_zps8bwz2qm2.jpg

IMG_20170101_184911_134_zps1pjxau5v.jpg

Proportioning Valve
20170107_153511_zpsaymzi7fb.jpg

IMG_20170108_134339_491_zpsummri5sz.jpg

diamond%20axle%208_zpsczy1q62z.jpg

stealth%20custom%20series%20sr8_zpsc6ofsz8h.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

Gives folks something to admire and be distracted by while you are changing CV's in the front. :hillbilly:

LOL! Pretty much.. They'll see the rear, then pass by and see the IFS and be so disappointed haha

I'd be more than happy to start a Waldo needs a SAS go fund me page lol

Looks great, dude! Be careful with the lower shock mounts, they look like they could get you hung up...

Did you end up doing line locks for an e brake?

Looks great, dude! Be careful with the lower shock mounts, they look like they could get you hung up...

Did you end up doing line locks for an e brake?

Thanks dude! I know, I really want to redo the shock location. No, I skipped it for now. I'm working on an idea for a transfer case brake. I know a guy that's getting rid of his custom setup for a v6. I just don't know if it's going to work with my transfer case since it has that electronic "box" (for lack of better words) sticking off it for what I believe controls the 'AWD' mode. If that doesn't work then I guess line lock for now.

Centered some knuckles today.

IMG_8096.JPG

Getting close to getting my front axle reassembled.

IMG_8063.JPG

Pilot bearing removal (bread method), pilot bearing installation, rear main replacement, prepped for oil pan gasket.

IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG

Made some progress on my front axle. Hoping to have it buttoned up this weekend.

IMG_8205.JPG
IMG_8207.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom