What mod did you add to your Toyota this weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The carpet would have lasted longer if it hadn't been for those meddling kids... Just kidding, I'm beating her to the punch and replacing it before she has the chance to trash the rug lol.

Finally (after having it for 2 months) got my Trail Tailor roof rack painted and installed. I like it but it is noisy at highway speeds.

20160323_165026.jpg

4x4 Labs front kit...a crap ton of welding, grinding, blending.

View attachment 1262468

That looks awesome Mark...nice job brother! Any thoughts on tucking in the A/C dryer? I've seen a few guys with the 4x4 labs front that have somehow managed to relocate it behind the turn signal housing, but not sure how involved that is....how long did it take ya front start to finish on the bumper if you don't mind me asking and how difficult would you rate it?

Last edited:
I need new Hydraulic rams for the back glass and hood of my 80. Does anyone have any recommendations or damnations of brands to get? Otherwise I'll just get whatever Autozone sells. THANKS

Switched out my brass radiator for an aluminum one. Brass couldn't cool it good. Also wired in a Volvo fan controller for my Taurus fan. Now I can wire up a switch in the cab to kill the fan or manually switch it to high if needed.

20160530_171206.jpg
20160530_171159.jpg
20160529_102033.jpg

That's a good lookin radiator Josh...what brand and where did ya pick it up Sir?

It's a 3 row Champion that I got from JEGS. They have questionable quality on the internet but I was willing to try anything because the 2 year old Cool Cruisers CSF brass OEM radiator (which developed a leak soon after I installed it) I was running wouldn't keep it cool at speed. So far it's perfect. It runs cooler at interstate speeds than city speeds, and overall it's staying right at 195-200 degrees vs the 215-225 the brass one was running. I've pegged out the stock temp gauge and a 250 max AutoMeter gauge this year. Even with a new water pump, new thermostat, flush and new coolant, and a Taurus fan running on high.

It's a big day for my 1991 FJ80. Not only did the new rams for my hood and back gate come in, thanks Josh for the rec on where to buy, but I also registered as an antique vehicle in Arkansas. No more registration for this guy!

Yep, its true. I finally put the Harrop in. Everything went pretty smooth. I still need to wire in the switch, but I tested the locker and all is well.

I had to tear the frontend down anyways. Had a bad wheel bearing. Water crossings will do that. :(

20160702_125615.jpg
20160701_163311.jpg
20160701_161505.jpg

Mark,

Are you pulling the transmission also? I've heard mixed things about how to get the Tcase out of the 80's. I'm about to have to replace the Tcase in mine and I REALLY don't want to have to pull the whole sha-bang.

Mark,

Are you pulling the transmission also? I've heard mixed things about how to get the Tcase out of the 80's. I'm about to have to replace the Tcase in mine and I REALLY don't want to have to pull the whole sha-bang.

Just putting low range gears in it. Don't have to remove the entire case.

I have separated a 1fz engine from trans and pulled them. Hope I NEVER have to do that again.

Not sure about the 3fe. It may not be as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom