What I did in Germany over the summer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tons of motorcycles over here (Europe) but most of the cool ones I see are zooming past to fast to get a good snap. Especially the Ducs. Love to hear that fat Italian sound.
Anyhow. Saw this set of sexy today.
This ones for you @dmark84
image.jpeg

Really nice beetles prevail and are out in force, especially when the weather is good.
Despite growing up in a household that made use of a '73 Superbeetle, I must admit to not knowing all the nuances of the various years to distinguish them from a glance.
But I know a nice one when I see it. This color blue was awesome and it had a nice stitched leather interior.
image.jpeg

That Beetle looks like mid to late 60's (chrome on fenders, bumper style and running boards) with some later mods like the wheels and tail lights and obviously that black louver vent. Not sure, looks like a mix of lots of years now that I'm looking closer.

I'd slap some off road rubber on either of them and Gelände every dirt road, gravel road and muddy hole I could find. They would never be clean.

When the tires need to be replaced on mine I'm going with a more dirt oriented set. But I was able to make it pretty easily to the camp site at black balsam with more tarmac leaning tires

Self explanatory. I've seen more LCs outside of Munich.
image.jpeg

So the Feuerwehr had a parade today. There was a good representation of older vehicles.
MAN
image.jpeg

Daimler
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dodge (power wagon)
image.jpeg

Chevrolet
image.jpeg

VW (buses and Things)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Audi
image.jpeg

BMW
image.jpeg

"So, we see all these cars and trucks; where are the awesome 4x4s?", you say.
I know this thread has been rife with VWs, Mercedes, and a few Landcruisers but something has been missing.
The wait is over. May I present, to you, the Lada.
They come in one shape, one size and maybe 4 colors. IFS, 4x4, and I think the roof rack is optional.
image.jpeg

image.jpg

While lurking for a parking spot this morning I rounded the corner and this VW Toureg was in front of me. The back hatch with integral lights and mud flaps got my attention.
You can't tell from these pictures but it had a full roll cage, racing seats and harnesses.
The tires don't match the rest of the setup but I suspect they are for everyday driving.
I'm also not familiar with the suspension on these. I'd like to take a closer look though.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a few spots back from it was this nicely equipped Nissan. As I was posting this I realize it is the same truck from post 3. It now has a nice front and rear bumper and snorkel.
Like I said. Nicely equipped.
image.jpeg

If you are going to be passed in city traffic why not make it a nice older Alfa Romeo Giulia?
image.jpeg

Rode my bicycle over to the grocery store to pick up some tonic to go with the gin and this joker is sitting at the light.
Ferrari 488 GTB
I bet the acceleration sucks.

At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.
image.jpeg

Forgot about this one.
Very clean BMW 2002 I saw while walking to work the other day. It didn't have German plates. I don't know where they were from. But it is not uncommon to see nicer, clean and or older rides from other countries roaming the streets here.
image.jpeg

Okay kids, I've seen Citroens before and I've seen the venerable Citroen DS, but I have never seen one of these.
I would rate the cool factor really high on this one. A Citroen CX 25 TRI.
After looking at the picture of it, the phrase "WTF" might pop into your head. Well that is to be expected. That's what I thought when I saw it but then quickly realized that this thing is not only a "wagon" but it is built on the Citroen hydro pneumatic suspension.
Hydropneumatic suspension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It sits low until the engine is on and the system charges. Then it rides smoother than anything. The Camel Races in Saudi Arabia used to be filmed from the DS model as a platform for the cameras. The ride was so smooth that the car itself is the self leveling system for the cameras.
I'd put one of these at the top of my list of cars to keep in the garage.
image.jpeg

I have a problem. I feel compelled to snap photos of great looking Rover 110s
image.jpeg

On the way to the airport yesterday.
image.jpeg

It's been over a month since my last post. In that time we've traveled home and back (3 week business trip) and let me tell you; It's going to be hard to readjust to the HEAT when this assignment is done.
What is it like here? Well it can get hot but we are having coffee on the patio this morning. Its also nice enough to don the leathers and hit the road on your bobbed R90/6
image.jpeg

Two weeks before school starts over here so we did what everyone else does; go on vacation. We didn't follow the rest of Germany to Italy but instead headed to Norway. I knew a little about the country before arriving but have never been here. They have a great sense of humor and are really friendly. More on the culture can be found here. ()
But what I have discovered are two things. They have a great reverence for classic American iron.

image.jpeg

Just your average Chevrolet Bisccane.
I see at least 5 classic American cars per day just driving around. Our BNB host tells us that the barns around here are filled with classic US cars. He has a 1970 Olds 442. (Sorry no pic).
The other thing I have found is that by my estimation all of the Tesla model S' have been exported to Norway. I see 20 to 30 a day. Pretty interesting considering that Norway "invented the oil".
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Not on the street but in the automotive section of the Technology Museum in Oslo.
A 1920s Harley and a couple of racers. I'd like to take the chrome one out and tear up a short dirt circle.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have a problem. I feel compelled to snap photos of great looking Rover 110s
That's not a problem......they are cool cars to look at and drive.....just not to own/pay to repair! A young man on active duty with the US Navy that I keep in touch with is doing a total frame off restoration of one in Holland and plans to bring it back to the US when his tour is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom