What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work! Care to document how you took that buckle apart?
Yes, I’ll do a separate thread with pics and instructions for

I made a thread with pics and instructions HERE
AFE1BDC8-0C06-4FD1-AD49-46181FB37573.jpeg

New webbing for my seatbelts. Cleaned and painted them while they were apart. They look like brand new !

When I worked on the front belt the clock spring sprung and got away from me. Didn’t take any pics mess...

View attachment 2073785

View attachment 2073787
I need to do the same. Where did you get the webbing?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your other thread. Sadly my sewing skills and equipment are not up this project. Nice work!

My 40 is in my will going to my son. I sold the first one in 1979 and have regretted it ever since.

My kids will have to fight over who gets mine. Not my problem.

Looks terrific Booch!

Last week I installed the brand new old school heater. They come black, so it needed painting. Broke it down to the bare shell and shot rustoleum gloss white.
Reassembled and threw on the sticker. It mounted directly into the old dealer installed original heaters location. I wired it up and it works great!

Love the old school look.

20190904_091821.jpg

The UPS guy left some goodies, only 3 of them though. Hopefully the other 2 show up tomorrow.
20190905_170407.jpg
20190905_170316.jpg

Last weekend, but it still counts as this week. Rebuilt the front end with new trunion bearings and Marlin seals. Thanks @cruiseroutfit for getting parts out so quickly, and for having weird parts like the hard-to-find early 11 mm knuckle studs and nuts to replace my one buggered up one.

I was bummed they were out of the Koyo wheel bearings, so ordered a set of Timkens from Rock Auto before the job. The original (?) Koyo bearings looked perfect when I pulled it apart, so they went back in and the Timkens are boxed up to return to Rock Auto. Made a HUGE difference in the way the truck drives. Still need to sort out alignment and replace a couple tie rod boots, but it's good enough to get her back on the road. New OME steering stabilizer was also installed to replace the OEM stabilizer's trashed joints.

I really love the feeling of bringing this truck back to life. Everything I do to it makes it so much better. I swear the engine is healing itself the more I drive it. Everyday, it seems to rev a little easier, shift a little smoother, warm up a little quicker, sound a little better... So fun. This truck wants to be driven. I love it.

Last weekend, but it still counts as this week. Rebuilt the front end with new trunion bearings and Marlin seals. Thanks @cruiseroutfit for getting parts out so quickly, and for having weird parts like the hard-to-find early 11 mm knuckle studs and nuts to replace my one buggered up one.

I was bummed they were out of the Koyo wheel bearings, so ordered a set of Timkens from Rock Auto before the job. The original (?) Koyo bearings looked perfect when I pulled it apart, so they went back in and the Timkens are boxed up to return to Rock Auto. Made a HUGE difference in the way the truck drives. Still need to sort out alignment and replace a couple tie rod boots, but it's good enough to get her back on the road. New OME steering stabilizer was also installed to replace the OEM stabilizer's trashed joints.

I really love the feeling of bringing this truck back to life. Everything I do to it makes it so much better. I swear the engine is healing itself the more I drive it. Everyday, it seems to rev a little easier, shift a little smoother, warm up a little quicker, sound a little better... So fun. This truck wants to be driven. I love it.
I did the same work on my ‘78 a couple years ago and noticed the same improvements. Doing many little things tends to make BIG improvements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom