What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't do anything lately, but last night I had a dream that I shipped my hundy to Slee for the works. Then I woke up.
Haaa... I have Slee and Inner City transport programmed into my phone in case I hit the lottery....

Reactions: LEX
New shocks. 5 way tire rotate. Touched up wheel well undercoating. Lubed drive shaft. Got windshield chip epoxied. Upped tire pressures for upcoming 1000 mile road trip. Sat next to the lake drinking negro modelos listening to the grateful dead. 125 square miles of water and no one else around.

like to the grateful dead and no one else around..... gdtrfb, ramble on rose and althea ;)

Starter died today. So, I replaced it today. Actually an awesome friend of mine replaced it for me in about 4 hours.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792287.961505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792315.861127.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792327.944610.jpg

Redman, I'll be happy to get some footage when I have a minute. This was a one-off as he had never done a Land Cruiser before, but I'm sure he'd be happy to do a few more in exchange for money :) Although now I feel pretty special having one of the few quad-projector LC's around, and I think I'm the only one with the DRL strip, it really does look like it should have come out of the factory this way.
That'd be great buddy. I really like headlight mods. Not so much the clingy kind you see on civics but improved functionality and performant and safety first and then looks second.

Finally got some cutoff pics last night. Could be better, but I thought I'd at least get something up:

DSC_0014_zpscfi2mcf9.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsl0e5kdjr.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsfddbjgxx.jpg

Last shot is yellower than in reality, bulbs are 6k so it's a bright white with just a hint of blue.

Installed a Blue Sea Systems 9003e switch as power cut-off for the winch. Now I just need to figure out how / where to mount a bracket for the solenoid box and this switch.

101515_BlueSea_cutoff.jpg

Mounted the cutoff switch to the fuse box today, now I just need to clean up the wiring. Also replaced the hood lift struts.

101615_BlueSea_cutoff_installed.jpg

My wife found a small portion of my old cassettes in the attic today, so I can finally use my cassette player. Listened to some tonight, some still sound quite good. Nostalgia level 100.

cassettes.jpg

Took the running boards off, it looks about a foot taller now.

I've had a couple lean condition codes this week, but no miss, stumble, loss of power, or anything. The light just comes on. Gonna start with a good MAF cleaning and a new fuel filter, since I'm sure it's overdue for those anyway.

My wife found a small portion of my old cassettes in the attic today, so I can finally use my cassette player. Listened to some tonight, some still sound quite good. Nostalgia level 100.

cassettes.jpg
I got about 120 lbs of this stuff in my closet from the 80's. Wife won't let me throw it out.

Never played a cassette in my '05. Hardly ever use the CD player either since I have Sirius/XM.

I got about 120 lbs of this stuff in my closet from the 80's. Wife won't let me throw it out.

Never played a cassette in my '05. Hardly ever use the CD player either since I have Sirius/XM.
Until yesterday, I only listened to my iTunes music stream, but I have some serious nostalgia going on...

Changed the oil, rotated the tires, and donated some money to the great state of California through the smog check program.

smogcheck.jpg

Heh, I probably had the same and let my best friend borrow them all. This was about 2001. That night, he had a very bad accident and flipped his Nissan Pathfinder about 5 times on the freeway. He lived, but was in really bad shape. His face is still scared pretty bad. He married recently and I was his best man.

Damn, I miss those cassettes.

today a bath for it and a spray down of the MAF sensor. Got the mud on the way out from shooting on Saturday with friends up behind the house
20151017_155825.jpg
20151017_155846.jpg
as a solid rain moved in on the drive out

Hi guys. First post here, though have used the forum for so much great info over the years. Finally giving my LC some love this week. Figured it was about time after working so hard for me over the years. Started getting a lot of water coming in on rainy days above the rearview mirror. A little bubbling/rust on the seal right there, but once we popped the windshield out sadly discovered the frame has been crushed by rust over the years. Apparently the last installer didn't seal it properly 6+ years ago. It rains so little in So Cal where I've had it for the past 5 years that I didn't notice it too much. Sucked to see it so bad, but happily it's finally getting fixed up this week along with all the other dents and dings. Will post some pics when it's all finished up next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom