What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You don't. $1k at most for mids/highs, amp, and powered quick disconnect sub. Not Boss Audio quality either. HU solution of your choice.
I have mine with nav and reading all the stuff involved to a) convert to non-nav is pretty involved b) money

I have mine with nav and reading all the stuff involved to a) convert to non-nav is pretty involved b) money
It need not be. Keep the stock screen. Just get an amp that allows Bluetooth connection and play music from your phone. Job done. I'm surprised most folks don't pursue that path anyways.

Last edited:
It need not be. Keep the stock screen. Just get an amp that allows Bluetooth connection and play music from your phone. Job done. I surprised most folks don't pursue that path anyways.
Wait, what? You're saying you can basically him up new Swishers, amp that's BT enabled and go that route? I want aware of that option

Yeah, just replace mids/highs, BT enabled amp, powered sub, and done. Completely independent of stock stereo.

I know my Infinity Kappa 4x100 amp has BT. I think it is the version before the current version.

Added a roof rack!
I know most of you already have one, but my truck was rackless from the factory. I wanted something simple to mount traction boards, shovel, and eventually an awning to. Thanks @badlander for the rack, in great shape, as promised. Only had to cleanup and paint the spacers.

5D45933B-AFB2-4667-A5BC-8C4101CC088E.jpeg

Decided to match the plastic trim and body color on my '06. I think it turned out pretty well considering I was trying to match 15+ year old paint out of a spray can! We'll see how well it holds up. I hit it with some 2K glamour clear after the base coat, and I've used that stuff with pretty good success on other small parts. Just make sure to wear a proper respirator when using it because it can be pretty nasty stuff.

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

icons.jpg

Finally got my QuickJack setup, so I thought I'd put in the center caps which require taking the wheels off as you need to insert them from the other side before mounting the wheels. "Quick" Jack isn't so quick as I had to keep adjusting the left and right side so that it lines up with the frame as it's going up as it goes up at an angle instead of straight up. The other problem is that the front goes up quite a bit, but the rear with the 33" tires wasn't lifted high enough to get the tires off the ground. So I ended up using a manual jack to do the rears individually. Overall, this took much longer than I expected.

Looks more complete with the center caps in. I'm still planning on using the QuickJack to install the Asfir skid plates I have still boxed up in the garage, but probably not til next weekend. Hopefully I'll get my Prospeed rack in the next two weeks and put that on. If there are some sales for Black Friday, I'll probably get some rock sliders.

Wait, what? You're saying you can basically him up new Swishers, amp that's BT enabled and go that route? I want aware of that option
You can also replace the tape deck under the nav unit with a single din head unit. Requires some creative wiring but not difficult at all. I did that, replaced speakers, added sub, sounds great. Maybe $500 or so and I used quality components.

Got the new lift gate on quick! This was a salvage yard take off for $150 and had it painted with the fenders for free. So not the best paint job, but free. I don’t use the rear wiper so I deleted it. New emblems but I’m not putting the Toyota or V8 badges back on.
image.jpg

You can also replace the tape deck under the nav unit with a single din head unit. Requires some creative wiring but not difficult at all. I did that, replaced speakers, added sub, sounds great. Maybe $500 or so and I used quality components.
Yeah there's a shop somewhat close to me that's done it. If I go that route I'll hit them up

Does anyone need anything off of the old rear lift gate before she’s goes? Wiring, rear wiper motor (stud broke off in), latch, etc? The fin is stuck on by two striped bolts and I intend to keep it, no trim or brake light.
B267BE6A-F82D-457D-8580-14B76D922C15.jpeg

View attachment 2796302

At the 12th hour I picked up my new power steering pump and also managed to get a new inner tie rod boot from the dealer same day. Just in time for my vacation.
I dig the garage decor and the patriotic cues throughout. 🙌🏻

Your rig is rad and I can’t wait to get my Ironman 4x4 classic off road bumper and install it.

Glad you were able to get the parts you needed and just in time. Enjoy your vacay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom