What have I done….New GX owner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8 days ago , I purchased a 2018 GX and as I am drivinf around , I am thinking I could get used to the pedal as it is .

Well , that ended to day , I am getting another P.C. for my 2018 GX .
It awful the way it come from the factory
You will not regret it!!

So , xjtwo , you spent well over $60G on a GX , and you need to find a smoking deal on a $299.00 P.C. so you can buy one ? :)

Sold on Amazon , I'm sure I'll buying my second P.C. soon

What makes it nice is , there's an app to control the unit and it's 36 settings / sensitivity

So , xjtwo , you spent well over $60G on a GX , and you need to find a smoking deal on a $299.00 P.C. so you can buy one ? :)

Sold on Amazon , I'm sure I'll buying my second P.C. soon

Pretty much, I could buy the PC for 299.00 or get it tuned for 500-600. Granted I would not be gaining much in regard to HP/TQ but would gain better throttle response and mid range power.

So interested to learn about tuning these GX's...

RE: Throttle mapping... so much room for improvement, even with a pedal master or shift power throttle position mapping device. I have the Shift Power installed. Although it is an improvement over stock mapping, it is not perfect. The factory throttle response on the GX is horrible. IMO, ideal mapping would be something like the stock sensitivity at short throttle position, say 0-15%, then ramp up rapidly beyond 20% throttle position. For example, I would like to roll into the throttle and not be so jerky at the take-off before more fully unleashing the v8 power at mid throttle. I cannot seem to get this type of profile on the Shift Power.

Also, the factory transmission shift programming is "over-tuned" for efficiency. It shifts to a higher gear as soon as you even think about letting off the throttle. I wish it would hold a gear a bit longer. Not sure that the factory S mode does this very well; is there any difference in the shift programing between normal D and S modes, besides limiting the top gear? Do any of these tunes also adjust transmission shift programming?

I've got a Pedal Commander set to Sport mode at -2, and it works perfectly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom