WHAT GREY IS GREY ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What Grey is Grey is the ultimate question when it comes to the Land Cruiser Split Rims colour.

Substitutes mentioned as
ANSI 61 Gray
ANSI 49
Krylon Smoke Gray #51608
Massey Ferguson Gray
RAL 7037

But what is the real oem colour code?
Please help if you have evidence of OEM color code.

That there constitutes :worms:

Here's probably the closest, although there may or may not be a usable code on the can: maybe someone knows?

Land Cruiser Gray Trim Paint - JTOutfitters

The colors that you listed all have their respective fans!

Thanks for your comment.. you honestly think that is a new information about this topic? btw this is not what I asked.. I try to find the oem paint color code for that particular grey.

JTO grey is just an opinion no different from someone else is using Ferguson or krylon or whatever grey they believe.

Again: LOOKING FOR THE SPLIT RIMS OEM GREY CODE OR ANY EVIDENCE THAT SPECIFY ITS COLOR.

Could've just stopped at "thanks for your comment"... the 'newness' of information depends on who's receiving it - I wouldn't have any idea what information you have in your knowledge base - I only just recently came across the JTO paint from another member... maybe the only thing you don't already know is what 'grey is grey'

Cygnus White is not an fj55 paint. Sounds like you have fj55 color combination C2993. The basic two-tone paint is:

T 1453 Olympus White
T 303 Fashion Green

Furthermore, "pewter" is not an fj55 color--it is not even a land cruiser color. The correct code is T 1434 Gray Metallic. The rims will be T 1447 Gray. The instrument panel is T 1344 Black.

It seems that various land cruiser marketers make a lot of this stuff up as they go. Even the official TLC4x4 green fj55 postcard is not technically correct.
I found this very early post about color codes.. among the posts redrock's notes sounds like a legit source of colour code information.

Paint codes

Can others chime in on T1447 just to confirm that for sure?

I'm sure

Pics from @Landpimp I think...

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

I gave up trying to find a code for wheels. I ended up just going thru the catalog and finding a gray I liked. The other codes for body, top, bezel, bumperettes, instrument/ash tray/ glove box were fairly easy.

They are toyota codes

I am almost 100% they were for 69' ... but... the gray is the same ... it has been posted in other manuals ... other years
Thank you! So if I am looking at getting those mixed and my paint shop couldn't find in their computer and old paint chips, code manuals and catalogs where do you think I could find that information.
Cheers, A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom