Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally one step closer to de-smogging my 60.
Got a Fuji carb last year and recently acquired the stock non-USA distributor.

Need a few more odd's and ends and then maybe I'll be ready! ;)

I would love to pick your brain about fixing my suspension on the 80 one of these days. All my bushes are clapped out so I know I need to do that, but the PO cobbled the suspension together and geometry is all out of whack.
I just logged on here for the first time in a couple weeks… on my truck, even with the aftermarket front and rear arms, I have all OEM bushings. Toyota is one of the few that got it right! As geometry goes, I have Delta front arms. I’m at 4” of lift, so I got their 4” arms. They make everything from 2”-6”. IMHO, Delta is WAY ahead of the game with their arms. I have Dobinsons rear arms, and I matched my pinion flange with my transfer case output flange. I can’t remember the degrees, but I have zero vibration or noises.

When you get to the point of ordering/installing, I’ll be there to help.

I just logged on here for the first time in a couple weeks… on my truck, even with the aftermarket front and rear arms, I have all OEM bushings. Toyota is one of the few that got it right! As geometry goes, I have Delta front arms. I’m at 4” of lift, so I got their 4” arms. They make everything from 2”-6”. IMHO, Delta is WAY ahead of the game with their arms. I have Dobinsons rear arms, and I matched my pinion flange with my transfer case output flange. I can’t remember the degrees, but I have zero vibration or noises.

When you get to the point of ordering/installing, I’ll be there to help.

Thank you sir!

Picked up this little gem for $100. It is a nice starting point for a camping/bug out trailer. Plans are:
build an enclosed rack and mounting a rooftop tent, leveling jacks, onboard 20-30 gallon water tank with pump/sink, propane grill, 12v system, 10 gallons of diesel, and storage boxes. My plan is to always have it mainly ready to go, and be able to hook up and leave whenever.

5450AF23-CBCA-4826-923E-D8364A691F19.jpeg

Picked up this little gem for $100. It is a nice starting point for a camping/bug out trailer. Plans are:
build an enclosed rack and mounting a rooftop tent, leveling jacks, onboard 20-30 gallon water tank with pump/sink, propane grill, 12v system, 10 gallons of diesel, and storage boxes. My plan is to always have it mainly ready to go, and be able to hook up and leave whenever.

View attachment 2796718

Nice! A trailer is on my short list of things to get/do and may delay completion of my 40. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

.....really...... really...... delay the 40.... sigh.

Stop trolling me! ;)

Nah. I'll just take my new found fortune and buy a stupid expensive teardrop and call it done.

Stop trolling me! ;)

Nah. I'll just take my new found fortune and buy a stupid expensive teardrop and call it done.
Ohh there is a chalange troll Tony.. 🤑

Hey Guys. Im new to Carson City from the Vegas area. This is my first winter here. Is this salt I see on the roads?!

also looking forward to joining the club, im still trying to get my 60 in sound running condition. I saved her from rotting in some guys hard for years. It seems to be running ok but its eating fuel filters like crazy and getting blocked every few days. I really just need to drop the tank and clean it out.

Hey Guys. Im new to Carson City from the Vegas area. This is my first winter here. Is this salt I see on the roads?!

also looking forward to joining the club, im still trying to get my 60 in sound running condition. I saved her from rotting in some guys hard for years. It seems to be running ok but its eating fuel filters like crazy and getting blocked every few days. I really just need to drop the tank and clean it out.
I don't think there's any salt but they do lay down some sort of slurry on the streets before snow is scheduled to fall. They'll also lay down some sort of dirt or sand on top of snow to give grip if it gets bad.

Awesome, love the 60 series. It does sound like you have a bunch of gunk in the tank. Good luck and there's a good group of guys here that meet sometimes in Carson City or south Reno for club meetings.

I don't think there's any salt but they do lay down some sort of slurry on the streets before snow is scheduled to fall. They'll also lay down some sort of dirt or sand on top of snow to give grip if it gets bad.

Awesome, love the 60 series. It does sound like you have a bunch of gunk in the tank. Good luck and there's a good group of guys here that meet sometimes in Carson City or south Reno for club meetings.

I work in south Carson and walked out of the building to salt like crystals in the parking lot and sidewalk. Perhaps its the property maintenance company. I have enough rust to deal with as it is! Yea ill be at one of the meetings soon, id love to explore the area.

I work in south Carson and walked out of the building to salt like crystals in the parking lot and sidewalk. Perhaps its the property maintenance company. I have enough rust to deal with as it is! Yea ill be at one of the meetings soon, id love to explore the area.
yeah that sounds like a business or personal thing done but as far as the roads I don't know that you have something worry about.

As mentioned, the roads around here are sprayed with some kind of liquid, not sure what exactly it's composed of.
Doesn't seem to be too bad on vehicles at least nothing like I've seen on vehicles from the east.

Yes, they salt the roads, sorta. They use Brine and they either spray it before the storms or mix it with the sand in the plow trucks. When you see the white trails on the pavement, that's the stuff. We're not like back east, but it does rust them.

I wouldn't pull your tank without new filler hoses etc. 30 year old rubber doesn't always survive the ordeal ..

Yes, they salt the roads, sorta. They use Brine and they either spray it before the storms or mix it with the sand in the plow trucks. When you see the white trails on the pavement, that's the stuff. We're not like back east, but it does rust them.

I wouldn't pull your tank without new filler hoses etc. 30 year old rubber doesn't always survive the ordeal ..

Apparently this truck has the tank recall that was done sometime in the 1990s. Would the hoses have been replaced at that time? Regardless ill go hunt down those part numbers

No telling. Knowing Toyota, most likely but the new formulations of gas are hard on hoses. They shrink and fuse to the metal under the clamps. Sometimes they survive, sometimes they don't. Easier to be ready than have a truck down for 2 weeks waiting on delivery.

No telling. Knowing Toyota, most likely but the new formulations of gas are hard on hoses. They shrink and fuse to the metal under the clamps. Sometimes they survive, sometimes they don't. Easier to be ready than have a truck down for 2 weeks waiting on delivery.

Great point. Went over to the dealership today in S Carson and they had most of what I needed, for the rest of the hoses Napa should have what I need. Thanks for the heads up

Welcome to Carson and the club! Looking forward to meeting you and I’m a 60 guy too.

Great point. Went over to the dealership today in S Carson and they had most of what I needed, for the rest of the hoses Napa should have what I need. Thanks for the heads up
You should come to the meeting this week. Don't worry about driving the cruiser if it's not cooperating. Most of us have cruisers in various stages of brokeness and often drive something else to the meetings.

Just about wrapped up on tub work! Still gotta do the seat belt tabs, tidy up a couple things on the seat mounts we built today. We are on track to drag it to the body shop in early Jan and drop the seats, console pad, and dash pads off at the upholsterer. Black leather surrounds with perforated tan leather inserts, new foam and heated/cooled controls are the plan. I will match the colors and pattern of the seats on the console pad but I think the dash pads will just be black leather.

266379867_10227064095046070_3914579558426482591_n.jpg

267272080_10227064094966068_7780598042408013844_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom