What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cried because I still am cruiserless...

IMG_20140129_083400_931.jpg

Yeah haha they came off a sprung over cruiser but are barely longer than the old man emu springs so my front shackle is kind of permanently hitting the anti inversion pin constantly.

My body roll was bad on my old slrings and I snapped one of the botton leafs and a second was about to disappear. These ones are temporary until I can snag a 4 inch sahara lift from a buddy.

Im gonna pull about 4 springs from each side I think, my truck Is sitting almost level now but I lost a lot of ground clearance since im SUA and the u bolt plate is now below the diff on each side

ForumRunner_20140129_095531.jpg

Yeah haha they came off a sprung over cruiser but are barely longer than the old man emu springs so my front shackle is kind of permanently hitting the anti inversion pin constantly.

My body roll was bad on my old slrings and I snapped one of the botton leafs and a second was about to disappear. These ones are temporary until I can snag a 4 inch sahara lift from a buddy.

Im gonna pull about 4 springs from each side I think, my truck Is sitting almost level now but I lost a lot of ground clearance since im SUA and the u bolt plate is now below the diff on each side

Get some longer shackles on there first and see how she rides.

Get some longer shackles on there first and see how she rides.

Thats the plan, gotta bug georg next time I run down to stockton to see if he has some longer ones. It rides so much better now except for the pogo stick handling on bumps in the road

Thats the plan, gotta bug georg next time I run down to stockton to see if he has some longer ones. It rides so much better now except for the pogo stick handling on bumps in the road

yeah that doesn't look super safe, but some 6" shackles and pulling some of the shorter leaves should remedy that, you may like them enough to ditch the Sahara springs. The longer shackles will give you more flex with those long leaves but handling on the street may be a little funky (I have 6" shackles up front) you may look at running a sway bar with quick disconnects, probably be a great system.

What are you doing for shocks?

post some more detailed pics in your build thread and I bet we could get it all sorted out.

I wouldn't drive it much, if at all, with your springs like that. You're begging for a bent / broken main leaf.

These springs are def temporary for less than 2 months. Im ordering some shackles from rough stuff today and for now pulling the anti inversion pins. This weekend im removing leaves. Since I have to DD this truck I just need it running to get to class and to work since my work tools are stowed in the back.

Ill update the build thread eventually haha im behind from all the way back in august

I stared longingly at a picture of it while I desperately :crybaby: hope to have it home and road ready by spring.

IMAG0111.jpg

Built a custom skid plate for mine since the V8 conversion and auto went in and factory plate was useless. And..........
Finally ordered my ARB lockers and compressor!

Nice seats Tapage!! Info on them?!

those are from 2013 Nissan X Trail .. they are suppose to be washable, pretty resistance, they are really comfy and offer great support while still easy to get in and out but they are tall ! so they require some fab to create a bracket as low as possible to make 'em work ..

there are few more shots in Tencha thread .. ( on my sign )

my wife and I decided to drive east so we could get out of the Portland rain on friday

P2010545.jpg

P2010551.jpg

P2010489.jpg

P1310397.jpg

Last edited:
I finally, after fixing :princess: corolla alternator and my own compressor, got my Webasto installed and running. It's been on the bench for almost a year, so should be a good add on for the cold mornings up north.

Great shot of the starry sky!

Finished welding up my new bumper this morning

image-320017192.jpg

And put a coat of primer on it

image-1304478684.jpg

I'll have to revive an old thread I started to update.

image-320017192.jpg

image-1304478684.jpg

Shoop dee doop this is about as fun poop. Makin shackles...just spent the last hour drilling out 3/4 inch holes in my 6 inch shackles for the front springs.

That picture right there is damn near 160 bucks in hardware retail. 40 bucks in shackles. 89 bucks for 4 bolts, 8 nuts and 1 3/4 bit; which I got for 40 bucks. Woohoo grade 8 bolts...

Oops pics on the next post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom