What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious, what is noticeable? The amount of dust that builds up? Just painted my output flange just because I had it out, but I always wondered why they sell so much of these things as I don't see how they could break (perhaps bolts but those can be swapped).

oh no, just how nice the plating is on oem shield and the studs are nicer as well, this is comparing a new genuine flange against aftermarket. Both great and work as expected. This is just me being anal.

I finally got around to welding back up the spare tire bracket. I had to cut it with the zip disc after I bought the car since the mechanism was rusted and I had to get the wheel off.

I soaked the whole mechanism in rust remover to clean it up which removed most of the grease inside. Has anyone taken the mechanism apart to overhaul it? I'm worried I might not be able to get it back together. Otherwise I can spray it full of oil.

20200505_163254.jpg

I had to line it up perfectly so it will sit flat against the rim, and fit through the stud holes properly. Finicky work.

20200506_190657.jpg

Some booger welds on the inside but they are just surface there, I was trying to fill in a gouge.

20200506_190701.jpg

It took 3 hours and started raining near the end... Now I can take it to the city next weekend so I can drive the cruiser back here to work on it!

Some people for crying out loud shouldn't touch a wrench! Just got my 62 out for the summer and after installing the lift this winter had a vibration. Felt like the driveshaft so put her up this morning and took a look. Jeez how's this for phasing? Got it clocked right and should be good now we'll see on the way home. Also installed a catch can and might put another one on the breather.

I'll say she sure is running great! A good tune, valve adjustment, set timing, and cleaning the throttle body did wonders. Going to try to get into camp Saturday, hopefully there's not too much snow left guarantee it's going to be muddy.

View attachment 2288720
View attachment 2288722
View attachment 2288724
I had inadvertently done that on my front driveshaft a while back and couldn't figure out why I was getting a vibration/rumble at partial throttle when in 4HI. Just happened to notice it last summer I think it was and remembered the necessity of being clocked right. Fixed it and no more vibration. Felt like a dumbass for doing that in the first place and but at least I found the culprit.

Last edited:
Easter may be over for now till next spring

but.....

Dialing Up !

a Dozen of these little rascals

is no easy task ......

However after it’s said and done

time well well spent !

View attachment 2296336View attachment 2296337View attachment 2296338View attachment 2296339
Do you plan on doing electrical switches at some point, or know someone who can, or have a source for new switches? The rear fan switch from my 62 is almost completely faded out from use and I'd love to have a new (or at least new looking) switch.

Do you plan on doing electrical switches at some point, or know someone who can, or have a source for new switches? The rear fan switch from my 62 is almost completely faded out from use and I'd love to have a new (or at least new looking) switch.

interesting timing mr. spook ..........

the Skunk-Works has been working on a OEM parts inspired needed parts solution

in the spare time , we came up with this , its the closest thing Possible to the OEM FJ62

Original i have a example Photo of below ...........

the last step i need is a close up photos of a original FJ62 4 pin connector and the color code tracer stripe wires layout ..........

as they are crimped onto the back of the switch box Via the Copper Rivets

the FJ62 Switch has 4 Leeds or wires , and that puzzles me ?

does your rear heater switch have a light bulb in it and does it illuminate in some way ?

maybe you can help turn another TEq pipe dream into reality ?

PM me via our Lock and Key thread , and we can collaborate further .......... :)

thanks .......
,matt

1588881126306.png

DSCN2357.JPG
DSCN2358.JPG

Ditto

Middle of the week but it's still something. Picked up my 62 from @torfab in Everett yesterday after the H55F swap. Had a couple little snags during the install that they found but they were able to easily remedy. VERY happy with how it came out. Had the swap done along with install of an early twin stick kit from Georg @orangefj45
Now I just gotta get used to driving a stick again! :lol:

IMG_20200506_171049.jpg

Not necessarily “my” 60 but there’s some serious work going on ...... a few 60s may be involved.
H55F transmissions for all 3 of them and a bunch of other mods while we’re at it.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America
52CB2B0D-1BD0-4DD3-BA95-165711B21CD7.jpeg

Freshened up my front end with new 555 tre's and drag links from Cruiserteq and gave the steering box a quarter turn.

Also replaced the 4wd vacuum switches. I don't have to use the mightyvac anymore to take it out of 4wd lol.

View attachment 2299862
View attachment 2299864View attachment 2299865
Cut those u-bolts off but leave 3-5 threads at the bottom …….. in case you need to add caster shims. Typically the front requires 4 degree shims.
We keep the billet steel shims in stock.

Georg

Valley Hybrids

Made a mounting system for the hi-lift.. this cubical/consol/storage compartment what ever its called has worked out really well and has kept stuff pretty organized on trips for me. Best part it was built with scrap wood so it was rather cheap..

20200509_151348.jpg

Drove it, for the first time in 10 months. Put the various bits and pieces back on to make it happen. Drove up grouse mountain in the 25 degree heat and the 3b performed well. Except the power steering cap is loose so it sprayed everywhere. This thing is all right...

20200510_124102.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom