What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How it started…
52E33C99-8C5A-44C6-B8CC-8BA38240682F.jpeg

798A8D64-4DB9-4615-B33F-E92B62577CE9.jpeg

How it ended…
6F08219A-C614-4413-97CA-911D49ACB767.jpeg

5CB719D0-73BB-4D7F-AD8E-011F2E8CC8FA.jpeg

6A11BBF4-C530-46F7-A5C6-137D4E65EFBB.jpeg

Whoops

How it started…

How it ended…

Whoops
So the rumors about our steering racks and tie rods being weak are true :). Easy/cheap fix though!

Sounds like it should be a smooth vehicle for many years to come! If you don’t mind me asking, what seals did you add to further reduce wind noise? That is always a pet peeve of mine and I love driving in a car that doesn’t squeak and whistle.
I used various off the shelf weatherstripping tapes from Ace Hardware and Home Depot. There is a thin bulb seal that works for enhancing the existing seals where the front window frame hits. I refereshed the mirror mount seals and chased down related air/sound leaks. The biggest single improvement was adding a strip that sits flush with the roof between the hatch and body. I used the same strips on the body sides, pressed against the insides of the hatch when it's closed.

I'll take a picture later. Not sure how long the top seal will last, but it's cheap enough to be semi-disposable. I left a gap on the sides to let water drain down. I believe this is the item, but it's best to see it in person

I did an unorthodox fix for the side mirror noise. Essentially, there are little spoilers fabricated with a formed accessory spoiler tape off Amazon. It disrupts airflow so it spills right behind the mirror instead of hitting at the rear of the front windows. I did some highway passes with it affixed temporarily to figure out what worked before adhering permanently.

I tried Weathertech window deflectors. They are great in a straight line, but hella loud in the crosswinds common in Kansas where I live. I took them off.

I used various off the shelf weatherstripping tapes from Ace Hardware and Home Depot. There is a thin bulb seal that works for enhancing the existing seals where the front window frame hits. I refereshed the mirror mount seals and chased down related air/sound leaks. The biggest single improvement was adding a strip that sits flush with the roof between the hatch and body. I used the same strips on the body sides, pressed against the insides of the hatch when it's closed.

I'll take a picture later. Not sure how long the top seal will last, but it's cheap enough to be semi-disposable. I left a gap on the sides to let water drain down. I believe this is the item, but it's best to see it in person

I did an unorthodox fix for the side mirror noise. Essentially, there are little spoilers fabricated with a formed accessory spoiler tape off Amazon. It disrupts airflow so it spills right behind the mirror instead of hitting at the rear of the front windows. I did some highway passes with it affixed temporarily to figure out what worked before adhering permanently.

I tried Weathertech window deflectors. They are great in a straight line, but hella loud in the crosswinds common in Kansas where I live. I took them off.
This is very interesting. You should start a thread when you get those pics.

Made some progress on the headlight build today. Not quite done yet, but getting close.

CD07627A-025B-4241-8A6E-6BE88D7FE53B.jpg

8080C207-C542-4220-8108-08D944B1ACAE.jpg

746F274F-A280-4FF1-B6DE-E98FC505DE7C.jpg

Is the overall height taller or shorter than the OE roof rack?

I forgot to get exact measurements but I would guess it’s 1/2” taller. But again I didn’t take measurements so I can’t confirm, that would just be my guess.

Did take my first drive on the highway and noticed I have some wind noise coming from the front fairing. Im going to have to adjust that because it’s pretty loud whistling that would get very old on a long drive. But other than that I’m very happy with how much more stable and secure it feels up there. Plus it looks better so that amounts to something right!?

Tested out our new awning/accessory mounts for stock roof racks:

18798938-58A0-4DBD-995A-0D5A7A371059_1_105_c.jpeg

7F74F64C-9BB7-49A3-B6DA-CD2E0039FE97_1_105_c.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom