What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loaded the gravel bike on the roof and hit up some of my favorite Ozark backroads (on 2 and 4 wheels).
20220528_160304.jpg

Hitch installed. Went with curt instead of oem for availability. Breeze of an install, and I’m actually pretty happy with where it sits. Sticker was removed after the picture.
F40A7416-8601-494E-A9F9-9004697B8FFE.jpeg

Installed the RCI skid plates.

This install would have been a breeze if not for the cross member that comes with the t-case skid. it didn’t clear the bolt hole on the driver side frame rail because the crossmember was rubbing against the oem fuel tank skid.

Ended up cutting a small piece of the fuel tank skid for clearance. No big deal because the entire fuel tank skid is coming off Monday for the RCI fuel tank skid. Just forgot to pack that box when I went my dad’s today.

C87BF7D1-D202-45D2-9DB3-E43C03FA61CE.jpeg
E8AC74A6-E321-4B44-A97C-27F7548AA451.jpeg

Left on the to-do list for the weekend:
  • RCI fuel tank skid
  • Passenger LCA + all new front sway bar bushings
  • Taco tabs
  • GMRS install
  • Figure out what to do with my spare because it does fit anymore (hitch sticks back like 1/3 of an inch). Will probably deflate it a bit since I carry a compressor.
  • (Time permitting) Hayden transmission cooler

Last edited:
Love the RoofNest Tanaman! :cool:đź‘Ť That would be my choice.

It’s newly acquired so this was the first night in it. Have to say that it was definitely way better and much easier than my previous two tents (CVT and Tepui soft sided RTT). Now just anxiously awaiting my new rack to get here so I have a little better mounting solution

Led a Memorial Day outing with some friends along the Black River. Also used onboard air to inflate 12 tires, although the compressor got hot and kicked off for 15 min after #8. It was around 90 out and humid.
20220530_113316.jpg

20220530_151321.jpg

DSC_0161.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I installed Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro high beams to go along with the Morimoto 2-stroke 3.0 low beams. I love the subtle 5500k color temperature.

Since this is my first post, here's a short list of things I've done to the 470 in the last year:
- Fresh timing belt and water pump at the local Toyota dealership
- Fresh radiator by me (had a hairline crack in the top hose connector)
- Rejuvenated the headlight and fog light lenses
- LEDs for all interior lights and running boards
- Sanded and painted most of the frame and suspension components
- Multiple bee's wax treatments on front seat leather
- Added seals around front doors and rear hatch to further reduce road noise
- Added winglets to the side view mirrors to reduce wind noise that was hitting near the back of the side windows

The vehicle was in good shape to begin with at just over 100k miles and just a touch of frame surface rust after living on the southern fringe of the Kansas salt belt. At some point it will get a proper rack, skid plates and sliders. I'm keeping the stock height for comfort as it will only be a road trip and mild overlanding rig.

PXL_20220607_141959215.jpg

Today I installed Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro high beams to go along with the Morimoto 2-stroke 3.0 low beams. I love the subtle 5500k color temperature.

Since this is my first post, here's a short list of things I've done to the 470 in the last year:
- Fresh timing belt and water pump at the local Toyota dealership
- Fresh radiator by me (had a hairline crack in the top hose connector)
- Rejuvenated the headlight and fog light lenses
- LEDs for all interior lights and running boards
- Sanded and painted most of the frame and suspension components
- Multiple bee's wax treatments on front seat leather
- Added seals around front doors and rear hatch to further reduce road noise
- Added winglets to the side view mirrors to reduce wind noise that was hitting near the back of the side windows

The vehicle was in good shape to begin with at just over 100k miles and just a touch of frame surface rust after living on the southern fringe of the Kansas salt belt. At some point it will get a proper rack, skid plates and sliders. I'm keeping the stock height for comfort as it will only be a road trip and mild overlanding rig.

View attachment 3028213
Sounds like it should be a smooth vehicle for many years to come! If you don’t mind me asking, what seals did you add to further reduce wind noise? That is always a pet peeve of mine and I love driving in a car that doesn’t squeak and whistle.

Making progress...
70E3D885-0A95-4E65-BE47-C5FA517E3113_1_105_c.jpeg
IMG_6949.JPG

EDIT: Got the last step, the ceramic coat done:
32A755D8-8508-44D7-81B0-2325F4A88D57.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom