Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the twin stick t-case levers plumbed up this morning, here's hoping that the transmission tunnel will clear my handy-work

20240225_092609.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I took Rusty to breakfast in old-town Avondale this morning. Felt really good to get it back on the road and saying hi to other cars instead of locked in the garage for the past year.
It piddled a bit of t-case fluid, so more leaks to fix.
Super excited to report that I now have cruises control and it F-N works just like it is supposed to. Big thanks to the online literature from www.lt1swap.com which made alot of this build possible...

Anyone have recommendations for a good way to repair the rear corner just below the roof and between the corner window and rear window?
Found this some time ago and now it is time to dig into making it better...
20240304_183500.jpg

Anyone have recommendations for a good way to repair the rear corner just below the roof and between the corner window and rear window?
Found this some time ago and now it is time to dig into making it better...
View attachment 3574135
Need to cut out all that nasty to solid steel and replace it. From a welder's perspective, I would find a good bodyman if it were me. :meh:

Need to cut out all that nasty to solid steel and replace it. From a welder's perspective, I would find a good bodyman if it were me. :meh:
I will cut out the nasty stuff, do a spark test (expecting standard-ish steel) and then start playing with repair parts.
Much appreciated!

Getting harder to work on stuff. Dropped my beloved 1999 series 100 off at Higgys in mesa to get the a/c working again. Also get the alignment perfect. Some other stuff I am reluctant to do as my back is a mess. Can’t wait to get her back so I can join on some trails.

Found out if I keep playing on the rocks. I should get some armor.

IMG_5484.jpeg

IMG_5483.jpeg

IMG_5479.jpeg

IMG_5485.jpeg

Trails ain't fun till you hear steel scrapin'. :cheers:
Those rings to protect the drain plugs actually hold up amazingly well.:lol:
That’s what they say. My underside looks like it’s been at war lol

Tested out my birthday presents - MORRFlate 4 tyre hose contraption & a Viair 400P-Automatic compressor.

I was highly skeptical about the MORRFlate, but it is my new favorite toy 👍 Using the contraption I aired down all four tyres in 1 minute 45.34 seconds. It takes longer to hook up & then roll up the hoses than it takes to air down.

My old reliable Viair 90P has faithfully inflated my Taco tyres since 2007, but it takes over 20 minutes to air up to 32 from 18 and I am always the last one aired up on the CSC runs. No more! The new 400P-Automatic & MORRFlate hose contraption airs me up from 18 to 32 in 7 minutes, 38.50 seconds - Verrrry impressive!

Viair estimates around two minutes to inflate a 33x12.5 tire with the 400P, so my 285x75R16s are just about that. I also ran straight off the battery without running the engine, so in real life it should be a tad faster to air up.

All four tyres hooked up to the MORRFlate contraption
1 Before Air Down IMG_3561.jpg

Aired down
2 Aired Down IMG_3570.png

Aired down time
3 Aired Down Time IMG_3569.PNG

Aired up
4 Aired Up IMG_3574.jpg

Aired up time
5 Aired Up Time IMG_3573.PNG

New toyz
6 Contraption IMG_3575.jpg

Old reliable Viair 90P next to the new 400P
7 Old Reliable IMG_3577.jpg

The new bag is massive and I'll either cut it down or use something else
8 Cases IMG_3578.jpg

Tested out my birthday presents - MORRFlate 4 tyre hose contraption & a Viair 400P-Automatic compressor.

I was highly skeptical about the MORRFlate, but it is my new favorite toy 👍 Using the contraption I aired down all four tyres in 1 minute 45.34 seconds. It takes longer to hook up & then roll up the hoses than it takes to air down.

My old reliable Viair 90P has faithfully inflated my Taco tyres since 2007, but it takes over 20 minutes to air up to 32 from 18 and I am always the last one aired up on the CSC runs. No more! The new 400P-Automatic & MORRFlate hose contraption airs me up from 18 to 32 in 7 minutes, 38.50 seconds - Verrrry impressive!

Viair estimates around two minutes to inflate a 33x12.5 tire with the 400P, so my 285x75R16s are just about that. I also ran straight off the battery without running the engine, so in real life it should be a tad faster to air up.

All four tyres hooked up to the MORRFlate contraption
View attachment 3593382

Aired down
View attachment 3593383

Aired down time
View attachment 3593384

Aired up
View attachment 3593386

Aired up time
View attachment 3593387

New toyz
View attachment 3593388

Old reliable Viair 90P next to the new 400P
View attachment 3593389

The new bag is massive and I'll either cut it down or use something else
View attachment 3593390

VERRRRY IMPRESSIVE!

73r06r.png

Finally got around to replacing the carpet and jute padding. Did some additional sound deadener also. I doubled it up for heat protection above the catalytic converters as it tends to get toasty. FYI- I ordered the carpet from ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) and sprung for the upgraded "mass backing" which makes the backing very thick and difficult to work in to place. It does have significant sound and heat insulating properties though. The 80 series kit is good, but not great. My gripe... the rear section and tailgate do not come with the plastic edges on them. You have to salvage your old ones and have an upholstery shop sew them back on if you want it like it was. Mine are still at the upholstery shop, hence no finished photos of the rear. I re-carpeted my old Dodge truck and my '03 F-350 with ACC's standard cut pile products and they were a piece of cake. My 80 is noticeably quieter and it smells much better inside.

20240114_110858.jpg

20240114_114707.jpg

20240114_120822.jpg

20240114_132155.jpg

20240114_133250.jpg

20240115_141314.jpg

20240114_111312.jpg

Got the hood on my '96. Line-X ed, which cuts down on the reflections and obscures the peeling clear coat.
Thinking about doing it to the windshield next...

Got the hood on my '96. Line-X ed, which cuts down on the reflections and obscures the peeling clear coat.
Pics or it didn't happen. I would be interested to see it in place.

Got my 230 AH LiTime LiFePO4 Battery installed in the Taco 🌮 just in time for the eclipse trip.

I'm using around 10 % per day running the EngeI fridge and recharging the laptop, tablet, & cell phone so i should be OK for this trip without needing any recharge.

I made a bracket to hold my Victron solar charger and DC to DC charger and ran a 60 Amp circuit from the engine bay to the cab.

I also connected the battery to a 100 Amp dedicated circuit panel for running loads isolated from the Taco 🌮 electrical system.

I have three 30 Amp circuits going to the fridge, Yaesu ham & Midland GMRS radios. The Midland has a 35 watt USB C charger so it works for charging up all my stuff. Laptop charges a little slow, but the tablet & cell phone charge fast.

I need to build a better battery holder, but this seems sturdy enough for now.

7D_46144.JPG
7D_46145.JPG
7D_46264.JPG
7D_46265.JPG
7D_46266.JPG
7D_46257.JPG

Do the whole thing. Easy with a roller. Car always looks great to me, doesn’t show dirt easily, brush and branch swipes are no problemo. Commit!!

IMG_1039.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom