Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed the gas tank leak. Took the 40 up to Picacho Peak and back at highway speeds (65 or so), 60 miles, as a shakedown for my elk hunt next month.

My 4Runner no longer has the stock "why use 5 parts for steering when 37 will do" steering setup. HySteer is WAY better and easily turns the 315s. So @GeoRoss you're halfway there as HySteer uses an IFS box.

My Next Big Upgrade will be giving the engine some love. Either rebuild/add some oomph to the 22RE or those 3RZ swaps sure look nice.:hmm:

had front wheel bearings repacked, reman OEM calipers, new OEM rotors, OEM 100 series pads, new OEM front brake lines installed, parking brake adjusted, drive shafts lubed, disti o-ring replaced, timing done, new heater control valve from Rock Auto, and OEM tow hooks bolted on to the rear.

And new shoes ! 315/75/16 Terra Grapplers. My truck rides so smooth its like butter !

had front wheel bearings repacked, reman OEM calipers, new OEM rotors, OEM 100 series pads, new OEM front brake lines installed, parking brake adjusted, drive shafts lubed, disti o-ring replaced, timing done, new heater control valve from Rock Auto, and OEM tow hooks bolted on to the rear.

And new shoes ! 315/75/16 Terra Grapplers. My truck rides so smooth its like butter !

Very nice! The only thing it needs now is a new owner :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: Comments I made here are not club standard.

Very nice! The only thing it needs now is a new owner :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: Comments I made here are not club standard.

Only if I find suitable locked white 80 :grinpimp: Then this one goes to my son at ASU.

I have owned this so long that I am replacing seals I have already replaced before. E-brake drum seal;
004.JPG

The surface on the drum shaft was borderline so on went a speedy sleeve.
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

Also just in case I had excess play in the output shaft I bought a shim kit and gasket. Not needed. If anyone can use I have these on hand.
009.JPG

Fixed the gas tank leak. for my elk hunt next month.

I finally got around to doing that as well. Replaced the filler neck hose on the 18 gal aux.
002.JPG

Should be good to go for our end of month whitetail hunt.

My ordeal that started in May is finally over, my five speed arrived today. A big thank you to Alvis @Cruddz for excepting the shipment and having a forklift to unload and load it into my trailer. A another big thanks for talking cruisers for a few hours. Haven't had a chance to get out month the last couple of months and great to get to talk to another cruiserhead for a while. Now that I know the setup don't be surprise of I pop in for a visit something.

IMG_2738.JPG

Replaced rear shocks

vhZRDj-OEy-Df-yaiY3Ii2QMJMd-r8UAQCJ9-xsqSA6AqKvNwANac8djZ_up2Ny1Rexf7K3PGzWvgZZXOSDvMqxRnKvBBtYv7xMPTmKnlu8DNV6FNddS0-nHXssvP2RjAnAr7iHTkf-DNMJ8XSo2vaGLg7Cv4eXPjbfOP8hcHjjzMTp5sdnhPyNImCWmPll72Vm6FuUmD-1dtgvzB1VIkeRTmon5EI8sCryICp7PqfsQBb8PbthWQcmZfNQBOUjFWweMOJmBBSNL6QWPdv4X8ifqIUPeECx3c4iDjGcgJ3k2iF1YlraBmjDslrvsyL9Arf68lz00jT8c8Adxxs8s7ybVeKhshggwG6t1hWhdiPEPzTmieN0wvPgzjgimXvtbdYqZxssQl7fAWognlwqW3P9G_SJyqNmkO2ADaAf1YmQyOVhzPsSWyUIkEwrJhwuP-A7eyZo6ouVd0fMBuJiNpEff4w9WI29jrikL2uzxa3ssV84JOyXzQI2oIkb4bCfZ8BfsU0bH68PiET-88waZI2TF1FEmEzmMwPYajVqgD9D2tPeBKrsMzZ3npItzNCsmACXAJXHNCQbcD80dCQnKxq-JeblIUl3VZ9RZK7NAAcA=w1332-h888-no

Spent the night on the mountain in celebration of the new shocks

IMG_6465[1].JPG

Ran FS 1058 that is and has been closed for several years since the fire unless you know the right people;) Very pristine area between Seven Springs and Horseshoe Dam road.

IMG_6486[1].JPG
IMG_6478[1].JPG

Went to my secret spot and check on my cartridge in a bare tree status. Tree has lost some of it cartridges but overall the area looks untouched since my last trip.

IMG_6488[1].JPG
IMG_6494[1].JPG

Got my exhaust rattle fixed by Mesa Muffler, put my MT sliders back on, installed new driver side vinyl OEM visor from cruiserparts.net

80 on 35s.jpg

Fixed the gas tank leak. Took the 40 up to Picacho Peak and back at highway speeds (65 or so), 60 miles, as a shakedown for my elk hunt next month.

Do you have room in a 40 to bring an elk home? Archery elk tag was why I bought my 80 a few years ago.

Do you have room in a 40 to bring an elk home? Archery elk tag was why I bought my 80 a few years ago.
The last one I got into the back with a come along (1 inch at a time) hooked to my roll bar. Got it back to camp and then strung it up in a tree to dress it.

Actually hauled to back to Tucson on a trailer. This time I will take it to a butcher in Payson, then go back and get the meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom