What did you do on your 70 series today? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do 7x Series hubs count? Finished this project. 1y different AISIN hub varieties and a 4x wheel and hub cap to finish it off. The most expensive piece of furniture in my entire office :D

20190615_172416.jpg

Spent a weekend training at OEX's CT facility, probably 4 years ago now. They are a great group of people.

They have a fantastic curriculum and it's been great working with them here in Utah. I've been fortunate to spent time with some Seals, Beret's and Federal LEO's needing some TLC101 :D

Nothing too exciting.... here in the PI....
Drove my PZJ75 with my brother in law from our house in the country into Quezon City to drop off a bed frame and mattress to a relative. then drove to Paranaque to pick up some boxes (tools and parts) I shipped from the States and then back to our house in the country. Along with way we encounted a HEAVY downpour leaving Paranaque which lasted almost an hour that caused some flooding in areas.
The traffic in the city was terrible and the traffic on the way home transitting from the main highway to the country roads was worse. The trip home should take about 2.5 hours, but this trip was more than 4 hours.
The trip did provide a drive for the Klean Diesel additive to work on cleaning the injectors and injector pump.
Filled up the fuel tank this morning and checked the mileage.
With a lot of stop and go driving along with about 150 kilometers of highway driving; the total distance was 270 kilometers on 33 liters of diesel fuel. Thats slightly more than 8 k/L; would have been better with less stop and go city driving.

I am sure some members will say their LC gets better K/L, but in this much stop and go city driving; the fuel economy is not bad....

fixed 13BT not shutting off problem!
followed the manual and looked at the intake shutter.....It was not fully closing?????

Now it does!

The intake shutter diaphram bracket was bent - (see first picture) - this was restricting the full operation of the intake shutter rod....Tweaked it back into correct orientation - YES!!!!

Working on some panels with another MUDDER.. Prototypes are cut and awaiting fit up.

J

I should receive these panels tomorrow and will test fit them on my PZJ70. Thanks J!

Note: the honeycomb cut-out was intended to replace the plastic vent grill that you see in the OEM vinyl cards.

Upgrade hd-t on hzj75 90%
Punch list: turbo's elbow for series 70. Waiting euro4x4

Took Family to Pozo Saloon for Burgers and pitcher with some friends in their 40 over some fire roads. Great Fathers Day in the 73!
9ADABFC7-B681-4026-AEDF-E2634D9E7A96.jpeg
9ADABFC7-B681-4026-AEDF-E2634D9E7A96.jpeg
6B36452E-4336-46D3-B3CB-0D589F871B74.jpeg
06F70D35-78FC-4179-BC58-87BE12F528F1.jpeg

I just finished up the install of a 30 LED National Luna lamp I picked up from Paul at Equipt. Not cheap but as Paul likes to say "buy once, cry once". A great product and great service. On top of that his shop is only a couple miles from the museum.View attachment 1994576View attachment 1994577

I have several of those but with the yellow lens. Just used one over the weekend.

Great camp light but if using the clip on version the clips will wear out pretty fast and if you don’t put something like shrink wrap on the feet the scratch up your truck.

Cheers

While I was there I picked up this Escape Gear tire cover. Really well made and useful. Trasharoos while useful have a tendency to fall apart from UV damage. They also look like a full diaper when loaded :lol:View attachment 1994581

Also a good product but I am more a fan of the Howling Moon one because it is pvc coated inside and out. Think big rubberized trasharoo.

Cheers

I should receive these panels tomorrow and will test fit them on my PZJ70. Thanks J!

Note: the honeycomb cut-out was intended to replace the plastic vent grill that you see in the OEM vinyl cards.

So I got the test panels. Fitment was pretty good on rear and back door cargo panels but some of the mounting holes need some more tweaking. It is not that easy to get everything lined up perfectly the first time around when it comes to those small holes in CAD I am finding out.

Front door panels needs some more work overall as well (forgot to take pics of those). Jason told me that it takes several tries to get it all perfect based on his experience.

Are those clips temporary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom