What clutch to use in a Dyno tuned V8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys
As some have already seen in a previous post, i am going to buy a V8 2023 Model V8 Troopy (VDJ78)...

So the vehicle is ordered and should arrive in January....
Since i am using it for towing and offroad traveling i will do a custom dyno tune (expecting maybe 250-300hp at the flywheel). I was already advised that every V8 needs a clutch upgrade whenever it comes to more power... so the question is now what clutch are you guys recommending?

I am currently looking at Xtreme Outback clutch, they have a kit with 1020 kg clamping force and one with 1300 kg... in my other troopy i had the 850kg Aisin clutch, worked fine with about 250hp at the flywheel...

for offroading i would like to stay with a organic one...

i am also open for other brands... let me know what you suggest...

that a good clutch the xtreme out back... a

Most of us Aussies just run the NPC and be done with it. Nice easy clutch pedal and 1300nm clamping force.
cool thanks, do you know how much torque at the flywheel this means approximately? i find it very confusing, you aussies are always talking about power and torque at the wheels but most of the time the flywheel would be much mor accurate to compare ;)

NPC is the clutch you want, easy pedal and very smooth, predictable engagement. Not at all 'grabby' like a lot of high capacity clutches.

We talk in wheel power and torque because that's what you can measure once the engine is in the vehicle. You'll need a lot of physical mods to come close to pulling through an NPC clutch, if you're only doing a remap, you'd probably be fine with any of the aftermarket clutches but the NPC is by far the nicest I've ever driven.

You should make 220-250 hp and 600-700 nm at the wheels with a decent tune. Stock they'll make 150-160 and 320ish nm.

Last edited:
NPC all the way, no other. Stock feel for required pressure and grabs like no other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom