What are these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two things that I am not sure of what they are:

1-I think this is a plug for an OEM CD changer? If it is for the CD changer I will re purpose it to power an inverter or?
20161206_143612.jpg

2- I found this little foam stick floating in my windshield washer reservoir. WTF is the purpose of this? Never seen one in a vehicle before.
20161206_143114.jpg

The float in the washer reservoir shows the fill level since the main bottle is located down low and there is a non-sealed neck that extends to the height of the radiator. With the float out you'll keep pouring washer fluid in and it will overflow the reservoir.

Where is the photo of the wire harness taken from. There is a CD changer in the center console.

The float in the washer reservoir shows the fill level since the main bottle is located down low and there is a non-sealed neck that extends to the height of the radiator. With the float out you'll keep pouring washer fluid in and it will overflow the reservoir.

Where is the photo of the wire harness taken from. There is a CD changer in the center console.

Okay, so without the float, what happens if I 'over fill' it? (Already topped off :)) Will it just run out of the neck?

Picture of the plug is from the rear PS cargo floor area.

Two things that I am not sure of what they are:

1-I think this is a plug for an OEM CD changer? If it is for the CD changer I will re purpose it to power an inverter or?View attachment 1363499

I don't think you'd want to blindly re-purpose a connection to power an inverter. You'd probably want to have the correct size fuse, wire gauge and a relay.

Okay, so without the float, what happens if I 'over fill' it? (Already topped off :)) Will it just run out of the neck?

Picture of the plug is from the rear PS cargo floor area.

yes on the windshield washer - it will just run out

On the PS cargo area there is an option for a DVD player - the screen drops down in the passenger seat if so equipped

I don't think you'd want to blindly re-purpose a connection to power an inverter. You'd probably want to have the correct size fuse, wire gauge and a relay.
Thanks.
Most def would not 'blindly' do it. I would have to find the wire schematic and tone and test the wires. Gauge be fine for a small inverter.

yes on the windshield washer - it will just run out

On the PS cargo area there is an option for a DVD player - the screen drops down in the passenger seat if so equipped
Nice. So like the plugs under the hood for AHC, all LC100's even when not equipped just came with the plugs then.

I never knew that on the washer reservoir....I thought my neck had a crack and always would leak.... duh!

WHile on the subject...
The washer reservoir neck (with the smart level/full indicator) can be removed easily for access to change the headlight bulb.

I just looked at mine and sure enough the whole neck and filler foam indicator just pops right out. Ingenious!... although I can't recall how many gallons I've wasted by filling all the way to the top of the lid and just have it slowly leak out. Never knew it did that.

I just looked at mine and sure enough the whole neck and filler foam indicator just pops right out. Ingenious!... although I can't recall how many gallons I've wasted by filling all the way to the top of the lid and just have it slowly leak out. Never knew it did that.
Yep got me thinking, I am always checking fluids and I always top off that washer fluid. Probably lost 1/2 gallon on 3 months :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom