What about Bob? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Different, but the same

IMG_0040.jpg

You are getting there but no, a brake special and an oil change are not the same thing at all. Especially not on lady's day.

LOL! I knew someone would comment!

The barely look similar.

Rocker out with your cocker out:

Safety first (shields up)

39027_409861007108_504382108_4945244_1237146_n.jpg

38061_409861047108_504382108_4945252_2388376_n.jpg

38061_409861012108_504382108_4945245_5421822_n.jpg

38639_409860577108_504382108_4945210_6913874_n.jpg

You know if you just unscrew 3 bolts the rockers come right off..

Both of em..

:p

Lenny them bolts came loose long ago.
Matt, it's easiest to cut the outside then hammer it down and out of the way and then go in and do the inside. I like sawzall better, but to each they own. I'm leaving the bottom of the B pillar mainly because I can, since the slider will go even with it and you see it.

went around it. It's all still intact. I may have to remove some, but not much. The slider will go infront of it. and still have as much clearance as if it was not there... so I figure keep it. Also, it adds strength to the body that has been hacked pretty good.

went around it. It's all still intact. I may have to remove some, but not much. The slider will go infront of it. and still have as much clearance as if it was not there... so I figure keep it. Also, it adds strength to the body that has been hacked pretty good.

I was thinking about leaving the entire inside a little less than two inches shorter than the outside and just cutting notches for the slider legs. I am also considering just welding the slider into the body too. I will be looking forward to seeing yours in person once they are finished.

I was thinking about leaving the entire inside a little less than two inches shorter than the outside and just cutting notches for the slider legs. I am also considering just welding the slider into the body too. I will be looking forward to seeing yours in person once they are finished.

Get ready for some vibration. I would try to maintain some isolation from frame-to-body.

I agree... To make a "clean" look is easy. cut about an inch lower than where you want the rocker bottom to be and then just hammer it back up after it'sa cut... that's what i did and it's clean... I'm not ready to weld the body to the frame yet. Not even going to when I exo-ino...

You can do some body mount type thingys at the frame end using cheap boat rollers. Big ass bold through them will hold the slider and mostly isolate the vibes. It ain't like this things gonna be rollin 500 miles very often.

If I weld them to the body I won't weld them to the frame too. I think if they were welded to the pillars on the inside and to the entire length of the rocker on the outside that should distribute the load enough to not need them welded to the frame.

If I weld them to the body I won't weld them to the frame too. I think if they were welded to the pillars on the inside and to the entire length of the rocker on the outside that should distribute the load enough to not need them welded to the frame.

I think you should weld them to the frame.... not enough strength in those thin walls that I just cut... at least the way I wheel.

matt this should give you an idea of the B pillar still being there... the only angle i could get due to glare...

38424_419210092420_501052420_4585382_663170_n.jpg

Yeah yeah, the Cats gotta go... but it's going to have to wait until other things get done... I'm plenty high enough for that thing to not be an issue for now...

Way i figure... by the time i put a 2x4 high up there, the pillar bottom will be wedged between it and the frame rail... if any of it is hanging lower, then I crop that and only that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom