What about Bob? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much last night... cut down the rear frame rails and attached the rear cross member back on and removed the rear door handles. haven't filled them yet... just tired of folks on FB asking if I'm going to keep them.... NO, I'm not, just hadn't gotten around to taking them off and filling them...

Pretty much finished the welds on the outside of the rear bob and then installed tail lights back in and this is the re-welded rear cross member (rear bumper) back on....

removed the rear door handles but haven't cut the metal going in them... but just so people know that they were going away...

34113_412681802420_501052420_442062.jpg

Showing the doubters that it can rock crawl

34476_405462712108_504382108_483142.jpg

here's a teaser to get you by for the week... out of town on business this week, so no updates this week...

37417_405462817108_504382108_483142.jpg

how did it do?

Considering the diffs are still open and the shocks are still stock and the bumpstops haven't been lowered to prevent rubbing and the wheels are too far in without wheel spacers... IT DID AWESOME. 40's can conquer bigger rocks than I'm used to and roll over rocks that normally stop 35's...
Those pics are with 20 psi which is what I'm running on the street...

But this'll help it next time it sees rocks...

34674_413608947420_501052420_444341.jpg

how's the power with the auto and the 40's?

not nearly as bad as I thought... but then I've had 37's with stock gears... what's bad is the brakes! yikes!

how are you going to fix that? hydroboost?

just put your weight into it and you will be fine :lol:

Man you got that thing on the trail in NO time!!!

whats next? mo trails with mo pics :bounce:

Awesome build! Can't wait to see that thing in action in person. Subscribed.

Got 14" Billy's so I'm trying to see how they will work, and fabbing brackets for them to work. Nothing to show.

I'll give you this to peep then. Comparison of what i wanted and then what I did. pretty good huh? still got alot to do though.

comparisonofmyidea.jpg

that's cool!
it wouldn't work on an 80 though... it's already too wide and then the tires couldn't travel up at all...

I do plan on a 40 bezel and hellas in it maybe down the road... narrowing the front that much more, maybe then i could do fenders like this...

I thought I remembered seeing something similar on a Cherokee before, and I found this link. You should do something similar. XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders Think only as wide as sliders (could even tie the future exo into it) I know, it's a J**P, but it is a good idea, and would killer on your truck.

Teaser pic

100_3805.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom