Went on the ultimate test drive today (1 Viewer)

Well we at Iron Pig have been working on a FJ55 for quite sometime. As you know we are going to MOAB in three weeks. This started and stemmed from a friend of ours BEN. Ben wanted his truck back.

Here is a small list of things done.

Started with lets spring it over

Next went to lets spring it over with 1 tons

next went SOA w/ 1tons and a 350

next went SOA .....

next wend SOA ............. and by the end of the build

We are delivering to ben in Colorado a FJ-55 with 1 tons, double triangulated rear 4-link, 3 link front with panhard, with ram assist, a V-8 conversion with a th400 and a np241 axles have 529s and detroits.
ben4.jpg
ben18.jpg
ben17.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks to Rich for coming out with me today I know Vince would have liked to have been there also. Big thanks to Vince and Tim for helping me yesterday.
ben14.jpg
ben15.jpg
ben16.jpg

Last edited:

Well this was the ulitmate test drive because the last time it was driven more than a block or two around the building was THREE YEARS ago and it had a 2f and stock suspension.

We left at 11:00 this morning and drove it about 3 miles away to the DQ and had some lunch. Then we proceeded down river road to the main hwy I-95, jump on the highway and cruise about 70 up to the next exit where john lives and his cool 40 acres. Wheel the crap out of it for 4 hours, and then I drive it back in the reverse order down the road to the highway and back to the shop.

All turned out well and the piggy is happy and I hope so is the owner.

We do have three things that we noticed on our test run.

1. easy to fix we have a radiator hose that is colapsing under heavy application of the right foot. :grinpimp:

2. easy to fix one of the coil-overs needs some lite adjustment.

3. easey to fix Ben you need headlight upgrades. :flipoff2: Oh and a winch:flipoff2:

bkfj40

Wishin i was in Wydaho
SILVER Star

looking good....I guess in the cold weather, you need to heat up the tires for extra traction :grinpimp:

bk

I'm so used to seeing that pig at the shop I forgot what they look like in their natural habitat. My loss for not getting over there yesterday for the payoff.

Great job! :clap:

Tim

Those pics demonstrate where the ARRR! :skull: in ARRR-ticulation comes from.

Smelled kind of fishy in the shop Saturday. :hmm: I hope it aired out real well on the trails. ;)

nice machine.
more details please sir:

axle specifics
steering
motor
suspension pics

landcruisnman

1972 FJ55 "Iron Giant"

Very nice machine. More pics of the suspension. Especially the 3-LInk front. I'm trying to determine how I'm going to link my piggy. Fun stuff. What size tires you runnin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom