Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys for sharing.

Good Luck. Deciding on a tire size seems to be one of the most talked about and over thought items in the process across all off-road boards. First decide on wheels and offset. I went with 18" w/25mm offset and mounted the AT/2 @275s.

Also, watch those 722 springs, i have found them to be much stiffer than stock and sometimes too stiff.
Too stiff as in uncomfortable to drive or just really reactive? - thanks

Let's say Very reactive. Certainly not uncomfortable.

Hello Everybody,

New to this forum and also a brand new convert from Land Rover LR3 to LC 200. I know....but eventually I saw the light. :) Looking forward to learn from your wisdom s I discover my new rig.

Best Regards,

Mitch

Hi All,

New to the forum. Have lurked for a bit. The LC is my wife's ride. (I roll in a Shelby GT500.) Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done to their rigs. As well as learning the good, the bad, and the ugly of these SUVs.

BNS

Quick run down about myself, or rather my Cruiser history.

One of the years I was in college, I flew up to Maine to get some snow skiing in. It was decided in advance that we'd drive back, spending NYE below Boston at my girlfriends house. One of the guys had a FJ60 and that is what I rode in from Maine to Boston then back to school in South Carolina.

At that time in my young life, I was all about sports cars, mainly driving BMW 320i's, a 2002, 528i, 533i and lastly a 535is. This was all in the mid 80's through the mid 90's. I was impressed with the space and utility of the FJ60, it made a great impression on me. So.... I began the search for one. Back then there was really no WWW or other ways to find what you were looking for other then reading newspaper classified ads. In my part of the country, Land Cruisers were a rarity.

Finally I find an 88' FJ62 in Georgetown South Carolina. I drove down for a look, it had just over 100k, clean, one owner, I bought it. I was immediately a convert. It ended up meeting an accident and the FJ62 was declared totaled. It wasn't. The frame was still straight, motor undamaged, et cetera. Anyhoo.... I sold it to someone, collected some insurance money and found another, an 89' FJ62 in Georgia about a month later. Same color as the first, pretty much the same vehicle. Both built like a brick s*** house. I loved them and would still like to have another.

I later sold the FJ62 and bought myself a 93' FJ80 with only 30k miles, lockers, the works. I thought I'd hit the big time. I kept this one for longer than I'd owned any vehicle in my life. When I sold it, it had over 350k miles on it with hardly any issues. It still had it's original exhaust pipe! While owning the 93' I decided to put my wife in it because I found a nice white 96' FJ80 I wanted. It too had lockers and much better seats than the 93'. For some reason, I ended up selling the 96' to buy my wife a wagon and returned to driving the 93'.

When I sold the 93' it was to buy a low mileage 00' FJ100. This was maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

Last summer I came across a 97' FJ80 with only 145k miles. The interior is like new, all options, lockers. I bought it.

So at that point I have a 97' FJ80 and a 00' FJ100.

I bought a FJ200 last week, so I have three Cruisers at the moment. I'll probably sell the FJ100.

Attached are pictures of what is currently in my office parking lot/drive.

Land Cruisers 004.jpg

Hey guys, new 200 owner here. I've read a lot of the great information posted on this site and I think my head is going to explode.

This is my first Land Cruiser, and I've always wanted one. Ok, that's not true--I've always LUSTED after them now I've got this beautiful 2015 Land Cruiser...and I'm just crazy enough to mod it and wheel it.

Deciding this is too much truck for one nickname, I call him Bruce Wayne, the Canyonero. The Canyonero reference is obvious for any Simpson's fans.

Why Bruce Wayne? Because he's so "money" (I still can't believe I bought an $80k LC) and appreciates the finer things in life (center console cooler?! Ventilated seats?! Sweet!) but he also has a complete badass side that most people never realize... complete with incredible "rock fighting" gadgets (crawl control, ATRAC, KDSS, center diff lock, 360 degree cameras...) - "where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Nice to meet everyone, looking forward to seeing any Colorado folks out on the trails. Cheers.

what, no dog pic?. No dog?, no problem. A pic of your GF or wife... or both will suffice. Failing that a pic of the latest love of your life from an interesting angle or place plus a list of your intended mods. To the truck I mean. Oh and welcome to the club.

what, no dog pic?. No dog?, no problem. A pic of your GF or wife... or both will suffice. Failing that a pic of the latest love of your life from an interesting angle or place plus a list of your intended mods. To the truck I mean. Oh and welcome to the club.
Hey! Don't be rude! you forgot the official welcome ---> :flipoff2:

Dog with a Gat and 2015 jacked up on an iceberg....nice intro
Welcome / congrats

Welcome and congrats on the new toy. Let the mods begin. "Slee" sliders first??????? :)

Welcome and congrats on the new toy. Let the mods begin. "Slee" sliders first??????? :)

Slee is currently cooking up a list of install prices for me on: slee sliders, ARB bumpers (wich front, tire swing out rear), icon lift, and I'm deciding which 33" tires I want. I had the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my FJC and I liked them; researching the tires on this forum to see what people like.

After the armor, lift and tires I will probably go for an ARB test locker

Fat fingered on my phone-should read ARB rear locker and onboard air.:beer:

Slee is currently cooking up a list of install prices for me on: slee sliders, ARB bumpers (wich front, tire swing out rear), icon lift, and I'm deciding which 33" tires I want. I had the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my FJC and I liked them; researching the tires on this forum to see what people like.

After the armor, lift and tires I will probably go for an ARB test locker

And ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom