Welcome Ga Crzrs - Post A Pic Of Your Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My new rig I picked it up Nov.3
image.jpg

image.jpg

good looking rig. 2nd Cid, specs?

92 p/u locked front and rear, 5.29 gears a single 4.7 case. 4 link rear with disk brakes. Front SAS'd toy 8" axel leaf springs. Longfields.. 37" iroks... Etc soon to be is a bumper and winch, sliders, and exo cage. Oh and dual case

Hi guys I am new to the forum and have had my cruiser for about a year, it was my dad's old car and is my second car. Almost all of the work has been done by ACC Garage (Atlanta Custom Creations). I have not been on a trail yet because I do not know where to go, but I want to make it to a meet up and get on the trails sometime soon.
2001 100 Series LC
-Slee Blueberry Front Bumper
-New OEM rear bumper cover
-Bilstein 4600 shocks (not on vehicle yet)
-Hankook Dynapro (not can't remember the size)
-Alpine head unit with bluetooth and sirius xm
-Rockford Fosgate Speaker System
-New upholstered front seats
-DT Headers
-Lots of powder coating (Wheels, Emblems, Roof Rack, etc.)
-Japanese license plate duct taped on (gets a lot of looks/questions)
-Weather Tech full floor mats
-Removed running boards
-Painted engine cover

2016Jan01_portrait_002.jpg

IMG_2810.JPG
IMG_3620.jpg
IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

NIce vehicle. 2 suggestions, buy sliders and get tires when your budget permits. Back in 2008-09, this was where my truck was at this stage and I updated stuff over the years. I only went to 33s skinnys MTs due to the research on the expo portal. I had maxxis bighorns, good mud tire, noisy, and thin sidewall. I got rid of them and went to Toyo MTs. Excellent tire all around. Even their AT version is great. In retrospect, I wish I had spent the extra money on a better tire in the beginning.
SOmetimes you can find a decent set used till you save up for a good set.
Are you locked?
You also need a trail recovery kit,$150, ie straps, etc. safety equipment and GET an HAM Radio (Baofang) is a good cheap handheld with an external antenna, about a $75 spend.
In terms of trails, there is not a lot of great stuff in GA that we have access to, so we usually go to TN and camp. Whatever you do, do not go wheeling in areas we are restricted, etc. The police can be very unforgiving
Good luck and join us at a meeting when your schedule permits.

Thanks so much for all of the advice and information! The members on the forum are so useful and willing to help its very nice. As of tires I bought them about 2 months ago new, Hankook All-Terrains, so I will have to wait on those, but my next two items for the Land Cruiser were going to be a set of recovery gear and slee sliders. $75 is something I can definitely spend on a radio so that is good. I am not sure what you mean by locked, but I would assume you are talking about differentials or something involving the suspension?

That is what I have heard about trails in GA and yes I do not plan on going into any restricted areas or private property. Good thing is that I am going to College this fall in Sewanee, Tennessee so I will be closer to the trails. Where will the details on meet-ups be posted? I also would love to be able to do work on the car myself, but I do not have any experience welding or doing basically any work to the car on my own so it would be awesome if I could learn a little bit from you guys. Right now I have shocks that are waiting to be put on, but I am not sure if I can spend the money to have a shop do it. Do you have an idea of how much that would cost or are any of the GA LC owners experienced in doing this type of thing? I tired to look at forums for changing out shocks, but I could not find any for the hundred-series.

Thanks,
Tristan

Thanks so much for all of the advice and information! The members on the forum are so useful and willing to help its very nice. I am not sure what you mean by locked, but I would assume you are talking about differentials or something involving the suspension?

You will not find a nicer group of ppl than the Toyota community. You got it, locked diffs

Where will the details on meet-ups be posted? I also would love to be able to do work on the car myself, but I do not have any experience welding or doing basically any work to the car on my own so it would be awesome if I could learn a little bit from you guys.

Rides are posted in the various state clubhouses, Ga, TN etc... Working on your rig is a must. You'll need to learn how to do some of the basics as well as some of the more challenging things such as changing out CV joints or similiar in order to do trail repairs.

Right now I have shocks that are waiting to be put on, but I am not sure if I can spend the money to have a shop do it. Do you have an idea of how much that would cost or are any of the GA LC owners experienced in doing this type of thing? I tired to look at forums for changing out shocks, but I could not find any for the hundred-series.

Thanks,
Tristan

Not sure if you need a spring compressor on a hundy but generally speaking shocks are about the easiest thing in the world to do yourself, 1 bolt top and 1 bottom.

I went on the GA cruiser site and it looks cool. What is the best way to research how to do work on the car other than the forum? Would anyone be willing to teach me some things?

So for the shocks would I need to take the tire off before I could change it? How where would I be able to find out how to replace them and what tools I would need?

Thanks,
Tristan

nice hundy

Picked this up last weekend. Got some work ahead of me on a bunch of little stuff, but the bones are great, and the mods help too. Plans are to remove the rhino-liner and put proper flares back on, clean her up, and take her on a long vacation with my boys.

full

Nice 80! They are fun trucks to have and wheel...Is it factory locked? What year?

Nice 80! They are fun trucks to have and wheel...Is it factory locked? What year?
She's a '96, not locked. I have plenty of time to tackle all this little stuff before adding lockers (if I decide to). Definitely looking forward to taking it exploring.

Of course I got the "You idiot, what did you just buy???" look from the wife. But hey, it has a third row for the upcoming 3rd little one, and it's daddy's toy at the same time.

It just occurred to me I haven't Posted here in a while.
This is her Sexy pose!

20160316_164525.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm planning on attending my first meeting this month. A couple pics of my beloved 85 4Runner and a pic of my father's 67 FJ40 inside a shed awaiting my restoration work.

Ryan

0216141115.jpg

1102131038_2.jpg

IMG_20160403_210528.jpg

I got-cher Hummer right here! Come and see me sometime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom