welcome....... BATTLEWAGON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ooooo and I had an epiphany on the way home today, with the flag on the hood I know deem the rig..........

the "General Li"

you are a riot! can't wait to see you attack brown's camp in the general Li

Great truck. If there was a mad max movie with an SUV. Yours would be in it. I might be driving up through Oregon to meet friends on my way to Montana. Would love to wheel with this wagon.

can't vouch for this wagon but I would like to get together with you as well. do you have a time frame?

On the white FJ-60 above, do you have any photos of the quarter chop?

this is bootsrig. look under "family haulin" for the most comprehensive thread in the hardcore section.

Great truck. If there was a mad max movie with an SUV. Yours would be in it. I might be driving up through Oregon to meet friends on my way to Montana. Would love to wheel with this wagon.

Love too, I just moved here from Bend. Let's hook up with Dirt and let him show us around TSF.

Can I come to Montana and hunt your ranch?

Nice LC! You moved here from Bend! But Why would you leave God's country! If I could I would move to central or eastern Oregon. BTW, if you need your LC camoed let me know!:cheers:

Nice LC! You moved here from Bend! But Why would you leave God's country! If I could I would move to central or eastern Oregon. BTW, if you need your LC camoed let me know!:cheers:

It was definetely "the right side" of the mountains. I'm a builder/broker and housing is not the biz to be in over there, or anywhere really. Now that Portland has a Deschutes Brewery though, the beer scene here cannot be beat.

Progress is slow on Battlewagon. Got the 1/3 doors pretty well sewn up (good for varmint slaying and jump shooting rivers as well as wheeling) I actually pulled the hood and replaced it with the nicer one off my parts rig (same color), I figure the rising sun will be a good wall hanger. I'm going to re-do it on the roof, along with my "General Li" decals.

I cut frame back and welded in my hitch/crossmember, replaced the shocks all the way around, then re-did the lower bars on the front bumper. Pics sometime to follow.

Cool. Definitely post up pictures of cutting the frame back.

You got the spider email too?? That chit was hilarous!!

Cool. Definitely post up pictures of cutting the frame back.

You got the spider email too?? That chit was hilarous!!

epic.

The pic posted above is pre-welding but you can get the picture. I cut it off behind the rear crossmember, then planted my hitch on top of the frame rails as the new crossmember. I figure I pushed it back about 8 inches and up about 6, should help my departure angle (funny thing to say when referring to a 60 but every inch helps) I'm gonna do a extreme 1/4 chop, integrate the rear sliders into the rear bumper along with the Pathfinder swingout. Pics will be posted.

attachment.php

Gotcha, I knew you removed the rear crossmember in that pic, but didn't realize how much you cut the frame back. Make sure to post pics of your "extreme" quarter chop. I might just copy what you do.

any updates... I need a cruiser fix ... well a repair fix anyway

Not unless you count fixing a flat tire and slightly modifying my bumper. I just moved from Bend to Portland, started a new job then had a baby 4 days ago so the LC has been on the back burner.

I did swap my donor hood for the rising sun edition which is now my garage wall art. My rear AAL's are next, then I'm going to move my shackle perches back/forward to get a decent angle. Any problem with re-using the original perches?

I've done nothing really. I suck at Landcruisering. Here is a pic as proof of my lameness.
IMG_0404.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom