Weekend At Ashers - Memorial Day Weekend 2009 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WARNING Leave small puppies at home. I talked Chris Rech into not bringing his new puppy Elsie to our place. We lost our 4 month old puppy 2 weeks ago from Parvo. Since the virus is still pretty fresh in our yard, puppies are especially vulnerable. Our older dogs have not had any problems and others shouldn't either as long as they are current on their vaccines.
Sorry for the inconvienience.

Menu for weekend

Here's where we are on the menu - let us know who can bring/supply and we'll update it as we go.

Saturday breakfast-
  • burritos
    • eggs
    • cheese
    • salsa
    • hash browns
    • onions
    • tortillas
  • cinnamon rolls- Grandma Dottie
  • orange juice
  • coffee - Peggy (coffee maker???)

Saturday lunch -
  • hot dogs or brats (club to reimburse for) - Peggy
  • buns
  • chips

Saturday dinner -

• fish - for fish fry (club to reimburse for) - Rob R.
  • fries - Rob R.
  • hush puppies
  • sides - 3 bean salad & deviled eggs (Peggy) Black bean/corn dip & Potato Salad & Pasta Salad (Shannon)
  • dessert - cake (Jenn L.)

Sunday breakfast -
  • pancakes w/ syrup - Ashers
  • chili eggs - Eric B.- eggs
  • orange juice - Marc M.
  • coffee - Peggy

Sunday lunch- on your own

Sunday dinner
  • lasagna
  • salad
  • bread

Monday breakfast

• Sausage gravy and biscuits - Ashers
  • orange juice - Marc M.
  • coffee - Peggy

Utensils - Peggy - club extras, Chris/Shannon - coffee / cold cups, small dessert plates, etc. (box full)

Last edited:
We will need cheese, chili and onions for the chili cheese eggs. I will get meat for burritos. Still need hash browns, onions, cheese for burritos. I will bring 3 bean salad and deviled eggs. I can get brats, dogs when I pick up other meat. We have coffee that belongs to the club and have some plates, cups, silverware and napkins. I can also bring some fresh lettuce from the garden for the salad. Will need more probably, but will add a fresh touch.

Peggy

? When did the Butlers get chickens.. ?
? Carp? You can eat them? I am interested in how those are cooked.
Jen and I will be there Saturday. I will forward her this link on food as i'm not qualified to make those decisions. Sorry I will not have a truck, as much as Mr butler has pushed me to get mine done it will not happen for this event.. Anyone need any parts? I won't have much time to dig but Mr Rech needed some running boards.

I just want to thank you all for letting me live vicariously through you. I cannot make it this year (Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary) but it sounds like you have quite a group. I get all my cruiser time in by reading about the fun others are having with their trucks.

Have fun and get Chris stuck in the mud.

gary

Erik & I will bring a cake to feed all in attendance on Saturday. No, it will not be a grocery store cake - it will be my own creation especially for this prestigious event. Cuz I care & junk. :) And cuz grocery store cakes are disgusting. But primarily because I care. You can feel the love can't you? :D

the oc crew will not be arriving in time for breakfast on saturday so count me out for tortillas...jake has promised to help a fella plant some trees...we are trying to depart osage shortly after noon...how about i bring some oj for breakfast...or perhaps some milk...let me know

marc

Erik & I will bring a cake to feed all in attendance on Saturday. No, it will not be a grocery store cake - it will be my own creation especially for this prestigious event. Cuz I care & junk. :) And cuz grocery store cakes are disgusting. But primarily because I care. You can feel the love can't you? :D

If you care, it'll be rum cake with chocolate butter frosting. Just sayin'...

Here's where we are on the menu - let us know who can bring/supply and we'll update it as we go.

Saturday breakfast-
  • burritos
    • eggs
    • cheese
    • salsa
    • hash browns
    • onions
    • tortillas - Kris & Wendy
  • cinnamon rolls- Grandma Dottie
  • orange juice - K & W if you don't mind frozen. Deb do you have pitcher(s)?
  • coffee - Peggy (coffee maker???)

Saturday lunch -
  • hot dogs or brats (club to reimburse for) - Peggy
  • buns - K & W
  • chips- K & W

Saturday dinner -

• fish - for fish fry (club to reimburse for) - Rob R.
  • fries - Rob R.
  • hush puppies
  • sides - 3 bean salad & deviled eggs (Peggy) Black bean/corn dip & Potato Salad & Pasta Salad (Shannon)
  • dessert - cake (Jenn L.)

Sunday breakfast -
  • pancakes w/ syrup - Ashers
  • chili eggs - Eric B.- eggs
  • orange juice - Marc M.
  • coffee - Peggy

Sunday lunch- on your own

Sunday dinner
  • lasagna
  • salad
  • bread - K & W

Monday breakfast

• Sausage gravy and biscuits - Ashers
  • orange juice - Marc M.
  • coffee - Peggy

Utensils - Peggy - club extras, Chris/Shannon - coffee / cold cups, small dessert plates, etc. (box full)

We can take care of the stuff in blue.

I'll ask Wendy about hush puppies I think she's made them before.

K

We have the hush puppies covered, hash browns, salsa, onions and we also have a connection for farm fresh eggs. Jenn, I can't wait for the cake from the cake lady! Gary and Emma, we will miss you. I still have your sweat shirt and tennies. Wendy, your brown towel misses you. If no one wants to make or buy lasagna, we can call Pizza Hut or Shoppe for carry out. I also have the large coffee pots. We need MILK. Also add corn bread casserole Saturday night. Thanks everyone. See ya Friday!

also need to add tartar sauce and malt vinegar for the fish fry, I was going to grab but Sam’s didn’t have any

If you care, it'll be rum cake with chocolate butter frosting. Just sayin'...

I was going to fill it with a Bailey's Mousse but we're fresh out since I used it all to make a cake for Erik's office last night. :D I'm sure I can find another liquor to fill half of it with. Have to keep the other half liquor free for whatever kids might be there.

Debi, I can make lasagna as well. Real Italian lasagna - none of that cottage cheese stuff. :eek: I'll flash freeze it & you can store it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it Sunday. Just need a head count for how many you'll have on Sunday. No bad mouthing it allowed since we won't be there when you're eating it. :cheers:

Pro power washer available

Clint Todd (former TAC member & friend - now drives a ford) offered to bring his big bad a$$ hot water power washer to the event to wash off all the mud that we will likely accumulate on our rigs. He would charge of course, but he is reasonable. Just wanted to see if there was any interest, and Lance and Debbie, would you be ok with it and is there water? Let me know. Thanks,
Eric

Jennifer, You are wonderful!!! Ok everyone you heard her, who is staying over Sunday night? Eric, that would be ok, I'm sure it doesn't use that much water, we can spray off close to the pasture side of the yard somewhere. I have new gravel on my driveway so I am nixing the mud bath on my new gravel! There is also plenty of mud and water in the bottoms, how about it Chris, ready to play in the mud?
I have plenty of ketschup and musturd, about 27 hotdogs and 12 bratts, 24 buns. Ice cream is in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom