WeBoost & Wilson Pro Cell Boosters - Code "MUDWEBOOST" at "AllTechSource.com" - Ends Nov. 31, 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I chatted with them and they said the one I ordered (WeBoost Drive Reach Cell Phone Booster Kit – 470154) is the right one for my intended use.

This is the one I just ordered. Worst case scenario, I buy the other antenna that @SharpeCat refers to for about $30. The antenna on the OTR is confired through a friend to work better than the other 2 options. He was swapping them out at random on a few trips that I was on. If you have a roof rack the antenna mounts up really easily. You can use a Rhino Rack Folding bracket to allow it to drop down for entry into garages and parking garages. This is the setup in the link below. WeBoost Drive Reach OTR Long Term Review
Yep. I have a Frontrunner Slimline rack. FR also makes a folding antenna mount but it's currently out of stock. The Rhino mount is pricey at almost $100. . .I thought the FR at $70 was bad enough. I'm looking at other folding options as well.

Yep. I have a Frontrunner Slimline rack. FR also makes a folding antenna mount but it's currently out of stock. The Rhino mount is pricey at almost $100. . .I thought the FR at $70 was bad enough. I'm looking at other folding options as well.
Every time someone mentions folding antenna mount, this is the image that pops up in my head. Pricey and i think it's designed for HAM Radio Antennas (not sure if those weigh less), but a nice idea nonetheless.

Lmao that dude is having way too much fun with that.

@Eyedaho @catastrofe thanks for not only participating, but also for taking the time to leave feedback. Much appreciated and it is my pleasure!

They sent me a free unit to test for you guys before code even went live, so thank you to everyone involved for that. I'm super stoked to get it and test it out! Maybe now i can finally do the in-store grocery stream where i take the baskets into the store and fill them up, to give people an idea of how big 45 and 60L is (for my ICECO GB Thread). I can never keep the stream going when i step into certain stores! Also, there is a lake nearby where i lose the stream in parts of the lake, so maybe soon i can walk around the whole lake and not lose signal. There is also the highway tests, where i lose signal in parts of the highway, or at least signal drops below strength needed to keep a live 720p broadcast going. I'm also hoping this will lower my ping to something good enough for fast-paced games, so i can game in areas with decent signals while on the road!

@Eyedaho @catastrofe thanks for not only participating, but also for taking the time to leave feedback. Much appreciated and it is my pleasure!

They sent me a free unit to test for you guys before code even went live, so thank you to everyone involved for that. I'm super stoked to get it and test it out! Maybe now i can finally do the in-store grocery stream where i take the baskets into the store and fill them up, to give people an idea of how big 45 and 60L is (for my ICECO GB Thread). I can never keep the stream going when i step into certain stores! Also, there is a lake nearby where i lose the stream in parts of the lake, so maybe soon i can walk around the whole lake and not lose signal. There is also the highway tests, where i lose signal in parts of the highway, or at least signal drops below strength needed to keep a live 720p broadcast going. I'm also hoping this will lower my ping to something good enough for fast-paced games, so i can game in areas with decent signals while on the road!

Thanks again for putting this together!

It makes me laugh to think about you with a battery pack, cell booster and your phone streaming live in a grocery store!

Interested, although don’t know this product space well so would be interested in validating how effective this is in CA/CO/UT mtns first.

Thanks again for putting this together!

It makes me laugh to think about you with a battery pack, cell booster and your phone streaming live in a grocery store!
May have to do it over 2 carts lol. It's going to be a tight squeeze if i try to do it all in one cart since i'm bringing both the VL45 and the TR60 baskets in for a side-by-side comparison. Also... i hope the booster without the antenna still works (just not as strong?), since they do have a drive model without an antenna. From what i understand the antenna should be kept a certain distance apart while being wired, so bringing the antenna will be... challenging; definitely a clown fiesta waiting to happen.

Interested, although don’t know this product space well so would be interested in validating how effective this is in CA/CO/UT mtns first.
I am East Coast and may be months before i head towards our mountains in NC, but maybe you can download one of those free Cell Tower apps and check the areas you are interested in. That will give you a clue as to whether or not there may be a signal around that you can boost. I will do my best to test what i can from my area but maybe others from the area can chime in.

Reception will go from never happening, to being spotty but available. That is a definite improvement though. It is worth it. I got one and I primarily wheel in CO and UT.

Thank you SharpeCat. Just returned weboost reach, OTR antenna and adapter to Amazon. (F-U Jeff Bezos!). I owe you $123.59 worth of beer if I ever meet you.

@gungriffin linked my review article (thanks Ryan) and here it is again. WeBoost Drive Reach OTR Long Term Review
@lasoundguy I'm in Denver so tested all over the Rockies.
@SharpeCat - excellent deal!

I use the Rhino Rack folding mount.
The OTR antenna performs better than the original mini-mag mount . I have, but have not yet tried, the new "shark-fin" mini mag mount.

@porkandcorn Don't drink anymore, but might have to take you up on some pork and corn instead! Thank you for the kind feedback.

@gungriffin linked my review article (thanks Ryan) and here it is again. WeBoost Drive Reach OTR Long Term Review
@lasoundguy I'm in Denver so tested all over the Rockies.
@SharpeCat - excellent deal!

I use the Rhino Rack folding mount.
The OTR antenna performs better than the original mini-mag mount . I have, but have not yet tried, the new "shark-fin" mini mag mount.
Much appreciated brother!

Love the review and i checked out a few articles on the site as well, keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback @fos373 , much appreciated!

So is everyone going with the OTR model? I wonder which one they sent me! I think I want to try all of their antennas on my stream to help others decide which is right for them. There are at least 3 different ones that I know of.

My weBoost Reach is getting here on Monday. I will unbox it on my stream as well as do initial setup/testing when it gets here!

Thank you for the feedback @fos373 , much appreciated!

So is everyone going with the OTR model? I wonder which one they sent me! I think I want to try all of their antennas on my stream to help others decide which is right for them. There are at least 3 different ones that I know of.

My weBoost Reach is getting here on Monday. I will unbox it on my stream as well as do initial setup/testing when it gets here!
I didn't get the OTR model. I didn't want to have to deal with that large of an antenna, and I can upgrade the antenna at some point if I feel that I need to. The drive reach says "farthest from tower", versus the OTR "farther from tower" too, which seemed like what I want. Although they both say 50dB. The drive reach does weigh considerably more though, and draws quite a bit more power according to the specs, which does seem to reinforce the idea that it's a more powerful unit.

Last edited:
I ran 100 speed tests last night to check pre-boosted speeds (across phone and desktop and router, wired and wireless) at this location that is less than 1 mile away from closest tower. After these tests I will pick a location further for next test and etc.

Here are results for speeds before booster, and I will be live later to test boosted speeds with inside antenna in same location, as well as boosted speeds with both inside and outside antenna for same location. Will make the spreadsheet public when I am done as well. It’s a lot of data.

Also, half a banana job. The inside antenna is velcro’d to passenger chair, and outside is magnetic that just plops on the roof towards the back. Then plug 2 antennas and power cable into the booster which can be anywhere.

I put the shark fin antenna next to the shark fin. I’m going to reroute cable through the hatch like they recommended, for least wind resistance.
C8AFC4E6-4D85-4918-9D1F-F158B5356373.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom