Water Leak -- Appears to be through C-Pillar (behind rear seat) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help! I have water in the cabin floor along side the left rear seat. It appears to be running down the C pillar and dumping out just before the interior step pad next to the rear seat. The water is then running down along the door jamb to the driver's seat.

Water is no longer coming in through the door panel -- I repaired a torn vapor barrier that was allowing water into the door panel and I thought the interior. We've had heavy rains in Seattle (imagine that) and water is still coming in. Fortunately, the headliner is not wet -- does that rule out water coming in through the roof rack base that is near the C pillar? The vent window seal looks good and would seem to be another likely culprit. Any ideas before I start taking off more interior door panels?

Best, Bill

058.JPG 053.JPG 060.JPG

I'd check the sunroof drains, then check the roof rack bolts. You can also try applying water to different spots on the roof and see where it is entering.

Bump. Any resolution to this? I have the same problem and checked my sunroof drains - they were fine.

I'm pretty sure that the water was coming in through the roof rack bolts. The middle pillars of rack were both full of water (leaking only on the driver side, so pillar was a bit less than full there). Removed rack and old rusty bolts. Installed new stainless bolts with neoprene and stainless washers. So far no new water inside. Next project will be to refresh and re-install rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom