Wasn't this MUD upgrade supposed to increase speed ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it's still slow on the ie7 for me, but the ie6 machine is as fast as firefox

it's good now on both machines, I just needed to restart explorer on the laptop, and now it is all good :whoops:

edit: safari is working better now too

Last edited:
I thought someone had Organic to ace tomorrow! :flipoff2:

Adderall and get on with it. You will be up all nite and NWAS in the morning. :flamingo:

Ah ha. I bet I know why. IE has a nasty tendency to match the end of a multiline html comment using non-greedy regular expressions. This is a flaw. Yield build was turned off with multiline comments. See:
Code:
[b]<!-- Yieldbuild OFF[/b]

<!-- GOOGLE AdSense / Yieldbuild [color=red]-->[/color]
<center>
<!-- YB: nav (728x15) -->
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
yieldbuild_client = 779;
yieldbuild_layout = "thread___universal_zones";
yieldbuild_loc = "nav";
yieldbuild_options = {};
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yieldbuild.com/s_ad.js"></script>

</center>

[b][color=lime]-->[/color][/b]
IE should ignore everything up to the green --> tag, but instead it only seems to ignore to the red --> tag.

I'm going to make a mirror of the page and I need an IE user to click it and tell me if it's still slow.

:hmm: You know what? I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. I think IE just doesn't handle the fact that yieldbuild is broken as gracefully. Non-greedy is logically the best pattern search. Woody probably just didn't realize what he was doing was wrong :flipoff2: EDIT2: nope. It's not standardized properly in IE.

removed the yieldbuild info completely from the templates....workin on other fixes as I can, but just finished 4 gruelingly long pathetic days at an autoshow and have to drive 1200 miles by Tuesday afternoon...

will squeeze fix time as i can....

removed the yieldbuild info completely from the templates....workin on other fixes as I can, but just finished 4 gruelingly long pathetic days at an autoshow and have to drive 1200 miles by Tuesday afternoon...

will squeeze fix time as i can....

:beer: No worries. That should fix most of the 'major' slowdown non-firefox users were feeling anyways. Besides, there is always more than one way to fix things on a computer :D

Maybe I'm reviving an old thread when I should be starting a new one?

Just recently (last update?) I have been having trouble getting pages to load here. Usually the first page, or maybe 2, come up ok then the loading progress bar stops at about 1/3 to 1/2 way... it never finishes (well maybe not NEVER... but I've given up before it gets there)

This is happening on a Mac, OSX 10.4.11, in Safari and Firefox... it seems to be worse in Safari. (both are latest versions) Quitting the app then relaunching seems to help it for a bit...

.js problem? Do I have an old/bad java thang goin' on?

Thoughts...? I did the usual, permissions, zap PRAM, toss com.apple.Safari.plist... what else...?

Mark

PS: another "clue" is that there is 1 1/2" of black empty space between the "User CP / Blogs... etc" bar and the "Forum / Last Post / Therads / Posts" header above the forum lists. Browsers other than Safari have ads in that space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom