Warn M12S Winch Line Capacity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know, off the top of their heads how much 3/8" synthetic winch line will spool onto an M12 drum?

125 feet

Andy, I like that you guys pay attention in here. I just kind of wish folks would pick up the phone and call you sometimes. Would save them a lot of frustration.

I was actually wondering what the maximum line capacity is. It isn't too hard to find out how much line comes with the winch, but I appreciate your effort.

I'm sure if Warn thought they could safely fit more they would've. If they've got theirs at a certain amount it's for a reason.

I fit 100 feet of Ø3/4 synthetic on my regular M12000. I also have the first layer of the line on the drum sleeved with silicone impregnated heat wrap since my winch has the internal brake and builds up heat when spooling out.

My drum also fits 125 ft of Ø3/8 steel stock from Warn.

So hands down, you 'could' fit more than 125 feet of synthetic but why would you? Why not carry an extension instead for extra long pulls?

If you look at Warn's website under line speeds, amps, and line out chart; the more line on your winch the more amps you are pulling. You actually want as much line out as possible to reduce the moment arm / force to reduce amperage use. This saves your alternator from over working and reduces load on the battery.

Any one have preference for M12 vs M12-s, or know the price difference? Only significant difference i can see is in synthetic line and updated design - trying to figure out if anyone has seen performance or heat improvement that justify 18% price difference.

The difference is synthetic line. Which is why it is more expensive.

Any one have preference for M12 vs M12-s, or know the price difference? Only significant difference i can see is in synthetic line and updated design - trying to figure out if anyone has seen performance or heat improvement that justify 18% price difference.

There are three differences:
1. Spydura Synthetic Rope
2. Epic hook
3. Aluminum hawse fairlead

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom