Warn M12000 motor swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
I've had this Warn 12k winch for 16 years, bought it new and it has worked well over the years except the last time I put it use. I had an extra Albright contactor on the shelf and wired that in using the diagram from this thread Warn 5 Pin socket wiring New and Old colors wiring Albright - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/warn-5-pin-socket-wiring-new-and-old-colors-wiring-albright.1251396/. When tested the winch gave one small movement then nothing. I need to have a working winch and decided to purchase a new motor. Summit had the lowest price at ca. $300 and shipping was fast.

Pulled the ARB with the winch. Removed the winch and removed the old motor which had some corrosion. Installation of the new motor was easy but there is a gear that may drop down that will interfere with installation of the splined output of the new motor. I was able to stick my finger into the opening in the drum and place the gear in the proper spot. Because the old motor had some internal rust and the winch is constantly exposed to the elements I added a thin bead of FIPG to the end of the motor, the motor cap and the hex plugs. Don't know if this will help but I figure it can't hurt.

IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1162.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom