Warn Full Floater Rear w/Disc Conv. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a part source for these kits. I'm buying a 40 with one on it that needs some TLC. No idea what it needs specifically, only that the rear let go like the tranny shifted into neutral. No boom, no bang, no grrrr, no go. Currently combing the web looking for hubs and other parts. It has the lock out hubs. I'd like to keep it if I can.

That would be great. I think the hard part is finding the parts. These kits have been dc'd for over 10 years I think. I found this in a previous post by Ige.
WARN.jpg

summer 2010 i blown a rear hub and they send me a new one
and in spring 2011 my front warn birf eliminator axle snap for the last time because warn dont keep parts anymore, so i send all the kit back to warn and they give me my money back
for the hub parts im sure it is still available and for seal and bearing you can find those in a bearing shop localy

They do make the hubs as a special order only. Wait time 3-4 wks. :eek:

Good to know! :)

I've spent a long time googling for the hub seal (AD7824E) and the spindle seal (AD1841-FO) and have come up empty. I understand those are NOK part numbers. Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Timkin PN or something obtainable?

I've spent a long time googling for the hub seal (AD7824E) and the spindle seal (AD1841-FO) and have come up empty. I understand those are NOK part numbers. Does anyone have a cross-reference to a Timkin PN or something obtainable?

Hub seal

Wheel bearing seal?

Spindle seal

Oring on the outside of the spindle or the seal that was installed into the spindle to keep gear oil out of the wheel bearings?

nok was owned by eaton who got out of the seal business. AD7824E crosses to a cr 26238. my notes don't show what the ad1841fo goes to. i don't think i ran that seal since i was oil lubed

Poser:

Not the o-rings. The spring-loaded wheel bearing seal in the hub, and what ever sits in the large cavity in the back of the spindle. I have the old hub seal so I'm optimistic I can find a replacement.

I'd like to run the spindle seal but mine was missing. Do you have a PN for the spindle seal? It's #23 in pic posted above.

Fast Eddy: Thank you for the links.

Nuclearlemon: Thank you for the cross-reference.

I found the seals. Warn Item # and P/N refer to the picture that Jenny Cruiser attached in post 3.

Warn Item # 18
Description: Hub Radial Seal
Warn P/N: NOK AD1841-F0
What I Used: SKF 26238

Warn Item # 22
Description: O Ring Seal
Warn P/N: 568-036
What I Used: AS568 -036 (ID 2 3/8, OD 2 1/2, CS 1/16)

Warn Item # 23
Description: Spindle Radial Seal
Warn P/N: NOK AD1841-F0
What I Used: Timken 470163

my ff kit did come with axle shafts, but they were wrong. one i was able to get to work, warn remachined the other. excellent service on their part.

for the oring on the dial section, warn suggested using permatex, but regular permatex doesn't hold up well. the permatex rep turned me on to their "the right stuff". that stopped all my leak issues.

they had also sent me hubs that didn't fit. from what i remember the warn rep saying (keep in mind, this was about 15 years ago), the hubs are basic ford 1ton hubs, with different inner gears.

At one time Warn had a flange for this axle. You can see if they still do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom