VSS TBI Option? JTR not making what I need anymore. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, as I said, the TBI diagram shows the speed signal from a permanent magnet generator (PMG). The PMG generates it's own voltage based on speed. I believe the ECM is looking for the voltage/frequecy provided by the PMG. I don't have a rig with TBI, though, so I can't experiment to find out.

Connecting the LC speed switch between ground and the VSS input to the ECM may not do anything, but I can't see that it would hurt anything to try it.

You might try to ping BILL USN-1 (IIRC) on the binder planet website. He's kind of the local TBI expert for IH Scouts and he has always been open to answering questions for people (can't swear that he still is, though, as us old guys can get crankier with each new year). :mad:

I think the wire from the ECM would actually supply the necessary power since on a two wire VSS one wire is connected to ground and the other to the ECM VSS wire.

If the reed switch just interrupts the ECM supplied signal I think it should work. I sure feel better if some would say yes they do it that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom