For Sale Vintage Clean Con-Ferr 48x48x6 Roof Top Basket Rack with Bolt on style original mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys, I have a very clean Con-Ferr Roof basket rack with wood slat floor. This was attached to my Isuzu Trooper when I bought it. I have rocked it for the last year, I restored the original wood slat floor (sanded/re stained/helsman urethane varnished/new stainless hardware) but I have been parking in my tiny townhouse garage most of the time now and its simply too tall too fit and a pita to store.

Its in really great shape, I believe its completely original with the original bolt on roof mounts, rubber seals, and original black powder coat with no damage or rust. The only replaced parts are the machine screws holding down the wood slats, I installed stainless screws and locks washers.

I know these where popular on older cruisers and jeeps, especially trucks with Rain rails/gutters using gutter clamps. Con-Ferr is gone, but I believe they live on as DiamondRax who appears to still manufacture mounts and support older Con-Ferr products.

Anyways I think this would look great on an old FJ40 Hardtop or older Hardtop jeep with a set of gutter brackets. The bolt on brackets are reall clean and strong but of course will require drilling (my troopers roof holes are currently covered with packing tape...)

I am asking $250 OBO and live in Tempe, AZ, a few miles south of ASU. I don't really want to ship but I'm happy to work something out with somebody in the southwest region for pickup.

I am not 100% certain of proper forum classified etiquette but I guess best to PM me if your interested. Its also listed on the phoenix craigslist, and soon offerup.

thanks!

20200215_163151[1].jpg

20200901_151234[1].jpg

20200901_151257[1].jpg

20200901_151308[1].jpg

20200901_151323[1].jpg

Update/bump: I still have this, just asking $150 for it now (just a bit more then what I have into the re-varnishing and new stainless hardware).

I am starting to look into mounts that fit the factory holes that will allow me to install/uninstall more easily and lower the rack a few inches. There is probably 3 projects on the list ahead of that though.

I would be willing to trade + some cash for a set of universal crossbars or Trooper 2nd gen 5 spoke wheels (early or later style).

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom