UZJ100 with 5 or 6 speed transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is any one mod the tranny to 5 or 6 speed? i wonder if the housing are matched with 4.7 engine? or information on how to swap.

thanks

I've looked into this with many vehicles I have owned. In most cases the cost is so high it's just not worth...how you say...da squeeze izzz not guud juzz

Sent from my iPhone

2005 Lexus LX470

I've looked into this with many vehicles I have owned. In most cases the cost is so high it's just not worth...how you say...da squeeze izzz not guud juzz

Sent from my iPhone

2005 Lexus LX470
Yes you are right...the cost and effect...I am saying if you do the work your sefl.

If you are doing it for the benefits then now. Generally parts alone will be so expensive you'll never recover. However if this is your forever ride and this is the start to making it cool and different from every other pre 2003. Then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone

2005 Lexus LX470

Not heard of a 6sp in the 100, in 03 the 5sp transmission was introduced as @revoked ^^ said. I'll bet the (guessing) 5sp will bolt right onto the pre 03 100, but that is only one part of a system. Don't know, but I'm thinking the 200's 6sp will not bolt on.

I agree with @Nolan ^^^, not worth the time and money even if you DIY. I've been considering getting a newer 100 for the 5sp. Test drove one a few days ago, for a short HWY hill climb. Only thing I noticed was it shifted sooner, my 4sp held speed just as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom