UZJ100 to UZJ105: SAS build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS build
Threads
I'm starting my SAS build February 26. Initial work will be a two day HAMOM with a group of knowledgeable and capable friends. They will be tackling all of the technical elements of the build, as I am not a welder or expertly mechanical. I'll be jumping in where I can and will try to document as much as possible.

Below are a couple of pictures of where the truck started and where it is now.
100 @ beach.jpeg

100 @ uwharrie.jpeg

Last edited:
The current build as it stands now:
OME 2.5/3" lift
4x4 Labs bumpers front & rear
Metal Tech sliders
295/75/16 BFG all terrains
Warn 12k lbs synthetic winch
Front Runner rack w/ AluCab 270 shadow awning
Factory rear e-locker

SAS build:
@TRAIL TAILOR SAS bracket kit
Unlocked 80 axle w/ 105 hubs
Eaton e-locker
OME 3" coils
80 steering box w/ Red Head rebuild & 105 sector shaft/pitman arm upgrade
AISIN free-wheel hubs
Marlin Crawler part-time kit
Iron Man adjustable front panhard bar
80 factory radius arm
Bora 2.5" spacers

Last edited:
SAS build
For anyone wondering what parts are needed and at what cost, here ya go. I wish I could have found a list like this when I was researching and buying parts. Maybe someone will find it useful. I'm happy to send the actual Excel sheet if you PM me.

*After reviewing @saucebox parts list, I added a few more items and $$$ to my list. I will post updates as the list continues to evolve.

SAS screen shot.PNG

Last edited:
I will be watching this build thread ! thank god for Partsouq right? that place is amazing, i've pretty much stopped ordering anything from US parts stores anymore
It made sourcing 105 parts a breeze. I have found my local dealer to be cheaper on some items, depending on weight and shipping. I usually try and compare prices when I can.

Not sure yet. It’s on backorder until end of February. I was thinking East Coast Gear.
Front 80 third members are very easy to DIY in my opinion. You could just tackle that at your leisure

Front 80 third members are very easy to DIY in my opinion. You could just tackle that at your leisure
Good to know. I am toying with re-gearing, but it's just a matter of how soon do I want to pay for new gears & tires. If I was re-gearing, that would be a good time to have the e-locker thrown in. But I suspect the locker will go in ahead of the gears.

@saucebox does your ABS work? How did you connect the 100 ABS to the 80 axle?

@saucebox does your ABS work? How did you connect the 100 ABS to the 80 axle?

Yes and no—I spliced the 80 sensors into the 100 harness and that worked well for a while. But recently it's been activating ABS even in dull situations, like stopping for a light on dry pavement. So it's disconnected now, can't stand dodgy brakes.

Apparantly this kit cures all ails: ABS relocation kit - Part Time 4WD kits | Marks4WD - https://www.marks4wd.com/mfk2045.html. I've got it sitting in the garage waiting on the wide axle to show up.

Yes and no—I spliced the 80 sensors into the 100 harness and that worked well for a while. But recently it's been activating ABS even in dull situations, like stopping for a light on dry pavement. So it's disconnected now, can't stand dodgy brakes.

Apparently this kit cures all ails: ABS relocation kit - Part Time 4WD kits | Marks4WD - https://www.marks4wd.com/mfk2045.html. I've got it sitting in the garage waiting on the wide axle to show up.
Glad I asked. Just ordered it. Hopefully it gets here before the 26th. Just when I think I've accounted for everything and done spending money 😆😣

Glad I asked. Just ordered it. Hopefully it gets here before the 26th. Just when I think I've accounted for everything and done spending money 😆😣

I think I got it in something like 5 days—IDK what they're doing at Marks but they're fast. They even emailed first to apologize for being busy and it might take a day or two longer.

I’d have to add in the divorce lawyer costs if I started SAS’ing the LC. So 20k plus 20k.

Even though I really want to in a year or three.
I'm at $9k so far, w/o some upgraded components, like Superior radius arm, shocks, gears, tires, transfer case, etc. $20k is a high estimate, unless you're paying a shop to do the work; which I'm guessing is what you thinking... I am single, so I have only myself to blame for poor financial decisions.

Edit: Okay, once I do the Superior radius arms, long-travel shocks, gears, tires, and transfer case, I'll be sneaking up on $20k. Who am I kidding.

When it's all said and done, I'll have a $40k s***box 😂

Last edited:
I'm at $9k so far. I can easily see hitting $10k once I start upgrading components, like Superior radius arm, shocks, gears, tires, transfer case, etc. $20k is a high estimate, unless you're paying a shop to do the work; which I'm guessing is what you thinking... I am single, so I have only myself to blame for poor financial decisions.
Nah. I wouldnt pay someone. At least I dont think i would.

Just talking to a couple people, seems to be right at the 10-12k mark once finished. But I would also have to include tooling upgrades and new welder and such. I agree that 20k would be too high, but I learned to overbudget and then enjoy the extra cash i didn't spend.

Really looking forward to seeing this build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom