UZJ100 LX470 AHC Suspension story of success (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This forum has been VERY helpful to me in the last month as I quested to find a 06-07 LX 470. I wanted o share my experience to try and help others (hyper links were accurate as of today) as IH8MUD.com helped me.

Purchased a 2006 LX470 11/16 with 113k on it, 1-owner, reasonable service history, timing belt and water pump done at 90k, fluid changes, and a few minor cosmetic issues but otherwise only 1 issue:

Bouncy Suspension!!!!!!!

I tested the suspension using the recommended 'bounce of the curb method' confirmed the front accumulators (globes) were bad.

Tested the fluid using the 'water reaction test', confirmed contamination.

Time to commit! After reviewing their YELP ratings I took it to one of my local Lexus dealers, Pleasanton Lexus, for a complete 120k service (Service advisor is Jason Vaughn, he knows 100's and owns an LC) which cost $1200 and includes a complete AHC system flush. They confirmed the accumulator failure BUT the new fluid improved the ride for 1500 miles or so, then back to the bounce.

Time to commit further. Next I shopped for OEM accumulators, I found a set of 4 for $1297, delivered, on ebay. Ordered them and had in hand in 3 days.

Time to complete the commitment. I called Jason back and after some negotiation settled on $725 to have the 4 accumulators installed and the system flushed again.

Result: Picked up and noticed an immediate improvement, drives-rides-handles exactly as designed!

Why did I go to the dealer? 1. 90 day workmanship warranty 2. All work documented on CARFAX 3. a 'Dealer' starting point for my ownership 4. All work documented in Lexus system 5. Pricing was within 20% of independent 6. Loaner vehicle

Again, IH8mud.com has been the #1 asset for all my research and I appreciate everyone's postings.

It is nice to know that taking the time to post stuff up has a long lasting effect for other people discovering these vehicles. Glad you found an acceptable way to handle your AHC system. It really is nice when operating correctly.

Did they tell you what your system pressures were for front and rear after the service? Not saying your shop would but, some will replace parts and never question pressures. Generally vehicles with as many miles as ours are in need of TB adjustment and attention to the rear springs with either spacers or new to bring pressures into spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom