Events/Trails UPDATE: Cowboy Breakfast at Rock Bowl Beach Camp - Saturday September 16th - 9 AM (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Cowboy Breakfast Event

• Yes - I will be attending - but not camping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I will be attending and camping

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Maybe - I'll let you know

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No - maybe next time

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol
Hate to miss this. Our plans changed and we have to go out of town this next weekend, now. If my Miata hadn't crapped out a starter, ( that's a crazy story in its self) this last weekend would have happened and I would be free to do Rock Bowl. Priorities are in control, not my wishes.
You know a little something about recent vehicle breakdowns, too, Ali......;)
Life has its own way of working out. We'll miss you though.

Well it looks like my plans changed as well. Cancelled the Hawaii trip for California instead and I'll be back on Friday. I probably won't camp but I may make the cowboy breakfast.

Hate to miss this. Our plans changed and we have to go out of town this next weekend, now. If my Miata hadn't crapped out a starter, ( that's a crazy story in its self) this last weekend would have happened and I would be free to do Rock Bowl. Priorities are in control, not my wishes.
You know a little something about recent vehicle breakdowns, too, Ali......;)
Sorry you are going to miss this one. We will miss you Jeff!

UPDATE

We are green and go for tomorrow camp out. I plan to meet Frank at the bowl before 6 pm. We will enjoy the nice cool weather.

In the morning, Frank has agreed to cook breakfast burritos and I will be making Pancakes with full coffee service.

See ya'll tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

I'll be leaving tierras probably between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. tomorrow.

I see that Jeff posted up above some route modification that we may want to be aware of as a group.

I'll be leaving tierras probably between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. tomorrow.

I see that Jeff posted up above some route modification that we may want to be aware of as a group.
Thanks for pointing out Jeff's post regarding route modification. I don't believe Jeff was modifying my suggested route that is found in the initial message. My suggested route remains valid. I believe Jeff was saying that coming FROM Cuba on the old highway (CR 11) is not doable. This way has not been passable for many years now. So he was saying DO NOT to try that way. Rather, head north TOWARDS Cuba on old highway CR 11 from 550. That intersection is several miles south of Cuba off 550 (see waypoint in initial message).

I would suggest that club members followw my instructions in the initial thread. They have coordinates that should be accurate. This route is the same route we have taken for the last few years and should work.

I hope this is clear. See ya soon!!

Will we be able to have a fire? Should we bring firewood? Dylan and I are leaving around 4:00.

I don’t think Rock Bowl Beach is on SFNF land According to the map. So the question remains, will we have a fire and should we bring firewood?
I have packed some firewood. I believe this is BLM land. I don't believe we will have any issues having a fire.

UPDATE - September 15th 13:00

Frank headed out late morning and then sent me a text "road muddy here now". There is limited cell phone at the campsite, so unable to get further details. My guess is that the dirt road portion between the sandy Rock Bowl campsite and the unimproved pavement is muddy from recent rains. I would expecct that the campsite will NOT be muddy. However, it may be a bit more challenging to get to the site because of the muddy road conditions.

I will report more if I hear anything.
Poupon

Thx larry

Heavy rain now playing in Taos. Any new reports from the front?

A great turnout everyone, thx for coming out. Frank and Larry put on a great feast as usual, thank you.

20230916_072101.jpg

20230916_071708.jpg

20230916_093440.jpg

20230916_093455.jpg

20230916_093509.jpg

Great time all. Actually, a bit too much fun around the fire Friday night (ha!!). But nothing a little hair of the dog couldn't help sort the next morning.

Justin, hope you don't mind that I posted up a few of the cool photo's you sent me.

IMG_4308001.jpg

IMG_4230001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom