Unobtainium (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guess what Rog? I also need a wiper motor for the '76(3/76 manu date), easy to get them for my '78! I have only seen some pretty rough used wiper motors:(
You might try Classic Cruisers, that's where I got mine. Ask for Glen.

Ah yes, my bad. This is great news!!!! Now to find a wiper motor for the '76!

I posted a pic of a dozen of those motors a month or so ago Tom.

Good news and more good news! Thanks guys, will get with my bro and see what he wants to do...................

Hey @Racer65

Without scrolling this whole thread... have you done or know if available the little plastic covers or caps for the nut on the windshield wiper arm? It's a little cap on my '81 BJ42 that gives the wiper arms a little better finished look. I bought new arms recently and broke one of the covers due to it's age and brittle plastic. It just clips over the nut holding the arms on the spindles.

I can get a picture later if I'm not being clear.

Kevin, I think I just saw those recently. Cruiser Corps, possibly.

Yup: FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ62 Wiper Arm Cover - OEM

Hey @Racer65

Without scrolling this whole thread... have you done or know if available the little plastic covers or caps for the nut on the windshield wiper arm? It's a little cap on my '81 BJ42 that gives the wiper arms a little better finished look. I bought new arms recently and broke one of the covers due to it's age and brittle plastic. It just clips over the nut holding the arms on the spindles.

Hey @Racer65

If it's 85192-90300 you are looking for, they are still available from Toyota. There are some models that have a different cap for each side. In that case, the right hand cap (85192-12030) doesn't seem available anymore.

same part for each side(at least on my US spec 82), yes can still get new from Toyota. Front window blades(and arms) are the same as a rear on a 60/62 BTW as is the plastic cover.

@Racer65 do you make,sell, or know how to get a hold of a 73 inner transfer case boot (for shift lever)? I can't find one anywhere and I don't want a crappy one. Mine rattles and drives me crazy...

Kevin, I think I just saw those recently. Cruiser Corps, possibly.

Yup: FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ62 Wiper Arm Cover - OEM

If it's 85192-90300 you are looking for, they are still available from Toyota. There are some models that have a different cap for each side. In that case, the right hand cap (85192-12030) doesn't seem available anymore.

same part for each side(at least on my US spec 82), yes can still get new from Toyota. Front window blades(and arms) are the same as a rear on a 60/62 BTW as is the plastic cover.

Thanks guys, very helpful :cheers:

not they are not.

But you can buy(new from Toyota) an empty fj40 PS casting(just the empty box) and use a solid axle mini truck box as the guts(they are the same) and make a OEM FJ40 PS box, I did 12 years ago.

Anyone know if the powersteering box on a US 82 FJ40 is the same as the FJ60?

Anyone know if the powersteering box on a US 82 FJ40 is the same as the FJ60?

Nope, very different designs

not they are not.

But you can buy(new from Toyota) an empty fj40 PS casting(just the empty box) and use a solid axle mini truck box as the guts(they are the same) and make a OEM FJ40 PS box, I did 12 years ago.

Very interesting... I did not know this

I found it in a very old Toyota Trails mag, written by our own Jim C.

the casting is not cheap(was $300 when I did it now about $500) Only the 79 casting is still around, but its the same as the rest, used it on my 82

i gathered all the bits( and a new seal kit) and sent them to Redhead Gear in Seattle, told the owner what I was doing, he was skeptical.......he called the next day and said "ill be darned, it worked just like you said"

of course I found 2 complete OEM set ups not long after and stashed away a few OEM castings ;)

Very interesting... I did not know this

I have some pieces collected but not all. I will be doing a 100% OEM PS system on my '81 BJ42 (even though they didn't come with PS in '81 in Canada). If you know much about the BJ42, and I know you do, power steering involves a LOT of changes. Rad, T-stat outlet, bracket, pump, box, belt idler, hose (steel and rubber) etc. etc.

Not a small undertaking.

@Racer65 do you make,sell, or know how to get a hold of a 73 inner transfer case boot (for shift lever)? I can't find one anywhere and I don't want a crappy one. Mine rattles and drives me crazy...
See above post for a late '73. An early '73 did not come with an inner boot to my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom