Events/Trails UC Group Camp - 7/16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve got two paddle boards I can bring. Also headed up early that day…got room for an extra person I’ll join for a beer

The googles says my commute is going to range from 4-1/2 to 6+ hours! I'm going to leave ATL around 7:30am to hopefully get to BR by 12:30-1:00. After a quick map search I think I'll land at the Blowing Rock Brewing Company. Parking with a trailer is going to be fun.

moar weather stuff:
1626119589699.png

Read up about firewood. It has to be certified bug free or something like that.
Invasive species prevention. Most store bought stuff has this but it excludes the small mom/pop wood splitters.
1626123690881.png

I'll be coming up early Friday, had to burn some vacation days. I'm up for a beer.

What's the latest time we can check in?

I'm so torn, I can either bring Banjo and Jeb or get to kayak on Saturday... They aren't able to be in the boat with me. :'(

The temptation to bring kiddo's kayak and tie them into it is pretty real.

Wx looks like mostly afternoon showers. I've never been to Blowing Rock, so I'm going to grab lunch & a brew somewhere before hitting the campground. The caverns sound interesting too.
I've done the caverns. They are pretty cool and should be seen. They are not very big from what I remember but it was cool non the less. I'm bring Jocassee with me and probably no dogs as I want to see the town of Blowing and Chimney Rock and may eat somewhere. I've got a bunch of innertubes' somewhere. I'll try and locate them. Still debating bring the new dog Dingus. He has gotten big quick.

Hate to do this at the last moment, but I'm out something came up . I'm in D5 if anyone wants it. Believe it's too late to cancel, but I'm going to try.

Its cancelled if anyone wants it.

According to the wife we are eating out each nite lol. Sandwiches is all we bringing.

IMG_20210715_203601.jpg

Had to move to C14. Other site was way too tight.

Ever rain on u guys after we left?

I think most of my gear is dry now. Good weekend and thanks to everyone that could make it.

Oh, and the summary of the Blowing Rock image; dude tries to commit suicide and wind blows him back up.
1626694447282.png

What are your thoughts for next year?
A3459C9B-671B-40A1-B124-88E2E9B1CAD0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom