UC chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh. Bit the bullet and bought 37s…. BFG again 😬 Got a smoking deal on 6 however. Going on very dirty from shop sitting, Stealth Custom series F5s in 17 x 9. Which means yes I am re-gearing. I have a Sumo gear high range under drive kit AND a low range under drive kit on the way from Cruiser tech as we speak. Should be here January 3rd. not sure that’s a HAMOM project. Lol. Thanks to folks that reached out and expressed opinions here. Went with a sure thing on the BFGs in the end.

A5688670-092B-42D0-98C5-4C49E2B05EA0.jpeg

DA34EE2E-9A5E-4A42-97EF-DA90B237B231.jpeg

7DC3DC23-7189-474A-9A17-F39D9DE6F7B4.jpeg

Speaking of tire, new 35’s mounted. 😁

Looking for suggestions on the swing out. Looks like it was setup for stock size. The 33 stuck out a little and I lived with it, but now I would like to tuck it back behind the vehicle more. Cut/weld (I am not set up for that), some sort of adapter that mounts to the arm, …? Wondering if I can source another piece of tube into the bracket and bolt the existing bar to it outrigger style.
View attachment 3200068View attachment 3200070
drop hitch mounted at 90 degrees 🤪

Is this enough stuff to say I’m an “Overlander”now? Or do I “have” to have the roof tent and snorkel? Is this enough stuff for one night on the 105 overlanding route? Asking for a friend actually……. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 hope everyone has a great Christmas holiday and happy New Year to you all.

View attachment 3205534
That looks way too rural. Go park at the mall for a real overlander picture.

For those of you running refrigerator/freezer combo. Do you find yourself ever even using the freezer portion? Seems like that would only come in to play in a longer duration trip out west for two or three weeks or something. Just curious about opinions before I grab one of these. Seems to me the refrigerated portion is plenty plus the extra space and not having a divider. TIA !!

For those of you running refrigerator/freezer combo. Do you find yourself ever even using the freezer portion? Seems like that would only come in to play in a longer duration trip out west for two or three weeks or something. Just curious about opinions before I grab one of these. Seems to me the refrigerated portion is plenty plus the extra space and not having a divider. TIA !!
960046898-C1N1

I don't have a dual zone, but we ran ours cold enough on a couple of x-country trips to keep frozen stuff frozen at one end of the fridge. At the "warm" end of the main compartment we kept stuff that didn't need to be frozen and in the box compartment over the compressor motor we kept condiments. Keep canned beverages in a dry cooler with a towel on top to keep them close to room temp, then move into fridge as space permits. We found that frozen bagged stuff like Trader Joe's chicken with fried rice made for a quick dinner while roadtripping across the west. One pan cooking made for easier cleanup. Also, unboxing or rebagging things that take up too much space with retail packaging helped.

I don't have a dual zone, but we ran ours cold enough on a couple of x-country trips to keep frozen stuff frozen at one end of the fridge. At the "warm" end of the main compartment we kept stuff that didn't need to be frozen and in the box compartment over the compressor motor we kept condiments. Keep canned beverages in a dry cooler with a towel on top to keep them close to room temp, then move into fridge as space permits. We found that frozen bagged stuff like Trader Joe's chicken with fried rice made for a quick dinner while roadtripping across the west. One pan cooking made for easier cleanup. Also, unboxing or rebagging things that take up too much space with retail packaging helped.
eeb447969a4e86e83f51ea56.jpg

Thought y’all might enjoy this one from 2003. @Trollhole same 40. 4Runner is a first GEN solid axle 1984. Later on it went to lime green and got EXO caged and locked and loaded. That thing was almost unstoppable. I literally drug that 4Runner out from under an oak tree on four flat tires. Best $700 i ever spent. It had a broken timing chain. Absolutely factory stock tan over tan with a white top. It grew into quite the beast and I ended up putting over 150,000 more miles on it on top of the 120k it had when I bought it . The 40 speaks for itself.😉 I was bored this morning…..

D0216E50-C41B-4022-948A-B2277C19BDE0.jpeg

D09613D9-2BC3-474D-B064-0398B4C3F423.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought y’all might enjoy this one from 2003. @Trollhole same 40. 4Runner is a first GEN solid axle 1984. Later on it went to lime green and got EXO caged and locked and loaded. That thing was almost unstoppable. I literally drug that 4Runner out from under an oak tree on four flat tires. Best $700 i ever spent. It had a broken timing chain. Absolutely factory stock tan over tan with a white top. It grew into quite the beast and I ended up putting over 150,000 more miles on it on top of the 120k it had when I bought it . The 40 speaks for itself.😉 I was bored this morning…..

View attachment 3213572

View attachment 3213578
drool

Alright, which one of y'all is at the ACE Hardware on Merrimon Ave

Ugh no photo. Dark green LX 450 bronze wheels, SC plates

That he is. I saw green lx on bronze wheels and instantly thought of him with his new shoes and fresh paint.
It was a nice truck; was driving by so didn't get a chance to look at swing out bumper / tire mount but also liked that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom