Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's mine. 1987 LJ70 from the island of Corsica now in the great state of Arkansas.

LHD
5 speed
8300 miles I believe to be original
Coil springs front and rear OME 2.5
High front Pinion
Huber front Intercooler
SS 2.5 Exhaust with Aeroturbine muffler
ARB front and rear
Driver factory suspension seat
Winch
Tufffy

IMG_7707.JPG

IMG_7709.JPG

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

Last edited:
75 was troopy or ute.
Troopy became 78, ute became 79.
71 is still in production, 70 is not.
73 is not in producrion.

More than most would:)

The 70 was replaced by the 71 when the wide nose was introduced in 2007.

Sorry?

Are somewhat pertinent tangents now not acceptable?

Hello,

Just a quick note:
  1. The first 71 model was the BJ71, a BJ70 with the 13B-T engine, from 1985 to 1990/1 (From memory, correct me if I am wrong.)
  2. The second, and current, 71 model, replaced the FJ/BJ/FZJ/PZJ/HZJ70 in 1999.
  3. Wide nose variants starting in 2007 retained the 71 designation.
  4. 71 model variants include the HZJ71, FZJ71 and GRJ71. I would include VDJ71, but it appears to be an unconfirmed sight.

Juan

Fair enough.

Hence forth I shall endeavor to remain on-topic, totally boring, uninformative and uninteresting.

My apologies for causing a disturbance in the force. (at my advanced age my mind occasionally wanders and it's sometimes difficult to stay on subject). I have deleted all of my post.

Last edited:
Just getting around to posting here. Started a thread called "tale of two troopies" in the 70 tech section. Both Troopies are Euro spec (LHD, 3B diesel), both found in France. Troopy number one was built in 1989, Troopy number two in 1987. Without further ado, here's Troopy number 1 when I picked it up in France; later, at the Port of Newark, NJ the day I picked it up; and on the way across the USA, stopped at the Bonneville Salt Flats (to set a new Troopy land speed record!)

troopy1 France.JPG
Troopy1 Newark.jpg
Troopy1 Utah.JPG

Troopy number two is (finally) on the boat from Europe. There was a bit of a paperwork mixup in France, but that's all straight now. Really looking forward to getting this one! Super clean, only 65,000 original km, one owner from new, never used commercially--basically an errand car for the hardware store, otherwise it's been in the garage. Here it is on the day we picked it up at the villa in France:
troopy2 france.JPG
troopy2 speedo.JPG

The stripes have got to go! Luckily, they're just stickers, and they're half falling off anyway. And I'll be painting the wheels gray. The white is original, I just like gray better.

Troopy number one, BTW, has already been sold. Buyer is on 'Mud, so you should see a build thread start soon on that one. I won't give away the surprise, but he has BIG plans for it! Troopy number 2 will be my keeper. I have modest plans for a build, but intend to keep the 'plain Jane, bone stock, basic model' look. Should be able to post more pics when it arrives at Port in the USA. Since I'm currently in Australia, my brother has kindly agreed to pick it up for me and store it inside until I get back. What a guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom