Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you!
I have looked up your web site and still looking at your HZJ.
Can i contact you to talk about a few things?
Sincerely,
Tony.
Feel free to call anytime ( I'll P.M. my number) however if you ask questions that are highly technical I will probably just make up some BS that sounds plausible. :)

) Thank man! I do my best with what i have.
I always wanted HZJ73 in a top trim to keep it stock but i guess it is not happening. I want to make it my dream truck.
My main problem is an absence of a 3 ton trailer hitch that can accommodate a dirt bike and a car hauler if needed and that does not look like a separate shelf underneath a truck and absence of a front bumper on the market that does not look like you work in a quarry. It is incredible how hard it
I found a rear bumper made by Caymar that is acceptable but the price is outrageous + freight from AU!
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Sincerely
Tony.
Sounds like you spend some time at the ol Bithlo raceway! I lived in Orlando for awhile and rode the MX track in bithlo a few times.

As far as rear bumper goes.... @SteveJackson and @cruiseroutfit are close to releasing their rear bumper for the 70 series and it will be a reasonable price for how awesome it is. Of course the domestic shipping helps on the final price point as well. There is a thread here somewhere about the bumpers they are making. I would contact either of them and put yourself on the waitlist for one, shouldn't be much longer till they are ready.

Cheers,
handsel

Edit: Heres the thread for the bumper so you can see pics... Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV)

Sounds like you spend some time at the ol Bithlo raceway! I lived in Orlando for awhile and rode the MX track in bithlo a few times.

As far as rear bumper goes.... @SteveJackson and @cruiseroutfit are close to releasing their rear bumper for the 70 series and it will be a reasonable price for how awesome it is. Of course the domestic shipping helps on the final price point as well. There is a thread here somewhere about the bumpers they are making. I would contact either of them and put yourself on the waitlist for one, shouldn't be much longer till they are ready.

Cheers,
handsel

Edit: Heres the thread for the bumper so you can see pics... Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV)

Yeah i go there once in a while )
Thanks for the link.
I like the front bumper but the rear will not fit properly on the flared model like i have. I guess there are none available.
I also don't like the fact that the carrier has direct attachment to the door creating same unnecessary closing stress also means that once you back up slightly into something your door would be quite done.

Here is how i like it, with stock sides

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/image-jpg.1230729/

but with a tire carrier built in the bumper and no direct attachment to the door like this

http://www.offroadandmore.com/uploads/gallery/p19rd9lbfm1tl31tor6f2boo1kre8.jpg

I think it is achievable.

If you currently own a legally registered 70 Series in the U.S. please post it here. There was a time when the numbers of 70 Series struggled to occupy 2 pages of this thread and now we're on page 25. Registering your 70 Series here is akin to sitting at the "cool table." :)

Last edited:
1. Year and model of vehicle: 1989 LJ70 LX
2. Handle: dprio34
3. Location: Las Vegas, NV
4. Country of Origin: Imported from Spain (LHD) but VIN says originally France
5. Mileage: +300,000 km
6. Mods: Dobinson Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 31" KO2s, newer 2L-TII motor
7. Use: Weekend Driver, Camping

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

Last edited:
If you own a 70 Series (even one of those giant Troopy things) and its legally registered in the U.S. it belongs here.
Thanks

Here is the latest addition to the family. Directly from Italy now headed to Virginia Beach
Feel free to post photos.

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1991 HZJ77
2. IH8Mud Handle: pbnfj
3. Location of vehicle: San Jose, CA
4. Country of Origin: Japan
5. Mileage on the truck odometer, in KMs please: 110k KMs
6. Modifications: work in progress, on 35s but want to swap shackle extension for new lift springs
6. How you use the truck- weekend, camp and trail rig
7. Photos

hzj77_edit_00.jpg

With the ever increasing number of 70 Series showing up in the U.S. it's even more important that you ask your boss and wife for the last weekend in September off.

Have a wife and a 2 year old that required more room than a 73 so had this imported for me.
You're not limited to one photo. :)

Thanks, I have a bunch of pictures as purchased but I want to make some changes from what the PO did.

Year and model of vehicle: 1991 HZJ75RV
Handle: PNWScooby
Name of Vehicle: _____:hmm:
Country of Origin: Australia
Mileage: 14,000 KM
Mods: Large convex side mirrors :p
Use: Everything

Just got it home last night! For those of you who know how long I waited for this, you know how much of a relief this is. It was worth the wait no doubt. Ticked over 14k on the odometer on the way home hahaha. Its already in amazing shape/ condition but still lots of preventative maintenance and a few mods to do this weekend.

TroopyisHome-1.jpg
TroopyisHome-2.jpg
TroopyisHome-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom