Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice truck. Welcome to the neighborhood and the 70s. I am just up the road in Kennesaw.
We almost have enough 70 Series in the State of Georgia for a group photo. : )

Nice truck. Welcome to the neighborhood and the 70s. I am just up the road in Kennesaw.

We build houses in Downtown Kennesaw, I'm there all of the time. We should catch up sometime to check out the trucks.

How many Troopy's out there would you guess?
Larry would have a better feel for what's in the Atlanta area but I know there is one 71 Series and one 77 Series in S.W. Georgia.

Larry would have a better feel for what's in the Atlanta area but I know there is one 71 Series and one 77 Series in S.W. Georgia.

I've had one guy recognize the truck model at Target. He lived in Australia for years and hadn't seen one since!

I've had one guy recognize the truck model at Target. He lived in Australia for years and hadn't seen one since!
Well at least he didn't say "cool Jeep". : )

Although math has never been my strongpoint, I believe that makes at least 11 in the state. :)

After the Veteran's Day Parade in Marietta, I saw a guy driving a 70 series silver two door. I haven't seen that truck around before.

After the Veteran's Day Parade in Marietta, I saw a guy driving a 70 series silver two door. I haven't seen that truck around before.
I think Larry's BJ is silver.

Larry doesn't get into ATL. I do. ;)

There are actually at least 6 other 7x trucks in metro ATL that are not MUD members not including mine and Larry's.

Very true. I rarely go inside the perimeter, so I am not current on what is in the area.

It probably was not me. My BJ70 that I have on the road is gray, so it is unlikely that I could be mistaken for silver.

Just pulled this from the other registry thread...

1. Year and model of vehicle- 1986 FJ73

2. IH8Mud Handle- youngwill

3. Location of vehicle: Atlanta, Georgia

4. Country of Origin: Colombia

5. Mileage on the truck odometer: 200,000 Km

6. Modifications: Finally just got it in the country, hope to get on the mods soon

6. How you use the truck- Project car
IMG_3925.JPG

Hello everyone!
In search of TLC73 rear bumpers found this thread. I guess it is finally time to register)
After being through more than a dozen of TLC 70's finally found a keeper.
1. HZJ73 ZX
2. Lockers
3. Winch
4. 5 Speed
5. Never off-road
6. 125k km
7. Non smoker
8. Almost MINT
9. Work in progress
10. 35 BFG MT on 17 KMC Enduro Beadlocks on Custom OMU lift kit with reverse shackles
11. Full axle service
12. New brakes/calipers/braided lines and hardware all around
11. Tons of new cosmetic parts awaiting install.
12. Unfortunately these pics are all i got for now.
13. Planning to drive it to Alaska one day )
14. Not a daily

230147_Photo3_orig.jpg

230147_Photo3_orig.jpg

230147_Photo10_orig.jpg

230147_Photo18_orig.jpg

Hello everyone!
In search of TLC73 rear bumpers found this thread. I guess it is finally time to register)
After being through more than a dozen of TLC 70's finally found a keeper.
1. HZJ73 ZX
2. Lockers
3. Winch
4. 5 Speed
5. Never off-road
6. 125k km
7. Non smoker
8. Almost MINT
9. Work in progress
10. 35 BFG MT on 17 KMC Enduro Beadlocks on Custom OMU lift kit with reverse shackles
11. Full axle service
12. New brakes/calipers/braided lines and hardware all around
11. Tons of new cosmetic parts awaiting install.
12. Unfortunately these pics are all i got for now.
13. Planning to drive it to Alaska one day )
14. Not a daily

View attachment 1381864
View attachment 1381864
View attachment 1381872

View attachment 1381874
Congrats on finding a keeper! I've kept an eye on your vehicles / shop for a little while now and have to say your attention to detail is very impressive. Museum quality cruisers after you are done with them for sure. I was especially drooling over the HJ61 you had recently.
Hope you have fun with this 73!

Congrats on finding a keeper! I've kept an eye on your vehicles / shop for a little while now and have to say your attention to detail is very impressive. Museum quality cruisers after you are done with them for sure. I was especially drooling over the HJ61 you had recently.
Hope you have fun with this 73!

) Thank man! I do my best with what i have.
I always wanted HZJ73 in a top trim to keep it stock but i guess it is not happening. I want to make it my dream truck.
My main problem is an absence of a 3 ton trailer hitch that can accommodate a dirt bike and a car hauler if needed and that does not look like a separate shelf underneath a truck and absence of a front bumper on the market that does not look like you work in a quarry. It is incredible how hard it
I found a rear bumper made by Caymar that is acceptable but the price is outrageous + freight from AU!
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Sincerely
Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom