Turn Signal Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of wiring everything up to the new wiring harness (Kwik Wire) for my 72 FJ40 and have an interesting issue going on. I have also installed a new turn signal on the column and thought I had everything wired up properly per the various diagrams that I have been using. My issue is that the front and rear left and right blinkers work properly when the light switch is OFF, but for some reason do not blink at all when the light switch is ON.

I thought that some of the wiring experts on here could maybe quickly tell me what my problem is with the wiring hook up. @Coolerman I'm sure has seen something like this before.

When you change the wiring to a unknown configuration you are pretty much on your own. There isn't a single point of reference to start from for someone without the same harness, and I doubt there are very many of those harnesses around. If you have a wiring diagram of the new harness that is annotated with any changes and the connections that you made to it, post it here and then there is a possibility that there could be some assistance from someone. Short of that make sure the grounds are good and that the circuits aren't being fed from two sources at the same time. I would look at the head light circuit to see how that is wired up to the turn signal circuit (hint: it shouldn't be.)

From your description, my guess is you have the parking lights wired into the turn signal circuit some where. I think a 72 has the round rear turn signal, and 1 bulb(1157) that has 2 elements in it, 1 for brake/turn and 1 for lights. If the park lights are wired to the turn/brake element and the lights are turned on , then turn signals wont blink.

To add to the above advice
1. Please provide the turn signal part number, model and brand.
2. Please provide the Kwik Wire harness part number.

............... and I will go over the wiring with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom