Turkey Trot 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
figured I’d get this up here so we can start planning. Everyone good with the usual dates?

Generally the weekend before Thanksgiving.

So, 17-19th? Pull in and camp Friday evening.

Hard Rock Off-road park in Ocala as usual.

I'm good with the usual dates.

I've been there once, and my buddy tipped his JKU on its side. I'm a maybe, some of the stuff felt a bit sketchy to me without a bit more protection on my truck.

Been a few times. I plan on going this time. Went when I first got the 80 and yes there are a few "skettchy" spots but that is part of the fun.
I have not seen anyone encourage tearing up a truck. I received help and encouragement. And yes I added protection. Mainly because of the trip to Wind Rock. The dates look good Matt thanks.

I’ll call the park tomorrow morning just to confirm we are good. A couple months ago I showed up there and they had it all closed down for a race so I check every time now.

I've been there once, and my buddy tipped his JKU on its side. I'm a maybe, some of the stuff felt a bit sketchy to me without a bit more protection on my truck.

You’ll be alright I didn’t have rock sliders for years

id like to come down too... working on re arranging work days so i can come..

ok, got my co worker to agree to work my saturday that weekend.. once we have a head count and a food plan for saturday night id be willing to bring the smoker and do something like chicken quarters since theyre fairly fast. dont want to do a long smoke like pulled pork cause id like trail time too..

I was there two weekends ago and they flattened out some of the ruts in some of the harder hills so basically anyone can do them now. They also got rid of the mud pits. I definitely would not worry about a stock rig at all. We had a mom sub Jeep there and it did almost everything most of the group wanted to do.

I was there two weekends ago and they flattened out some of the ruts in some of the harder hills so basically anyone can do them now. They also got rid of the mud pits. I definitely would not worry about a stock rig at all. We had a mom sub Jeep there and it did almost everything most of the group wanted to do.
Cool - I was there just before that, and the ruts were bad enough to definitely cause some concern for me (and were the reason my buddy tipped)

Cool - I was there just before that, and the ruts were bad enough to definitely cause some concern for me (and were the reason my buddy tipped)

Things tend to go a lot better when you’re with a group of experienced guys

I didn’t get a chance to call the park but it doesn’t look like there’s anything on their called we on the dates - I’ll text Luis, he’s probably already cleared it with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom