Turbo choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to turbo my 1pz..
I’ve got an I intercooler coming
but need to find a turbo
I’ve been looking at a ct26
some of the eBay specials or one from mamba..

but I’d like to find one locally here in Surrey, bc

thanks

Not sure why some are downplaying the CT26, it is a proven, long-standing turbo that does the job well.

I put the CT26 into my 1HZ and it has provided ~50% HP gain. The main reason I went with the CT26 over others is the quick response. I cannot stand turbo lag. Sure, there are other turbo's out there that will produce more HP, but with a longer lag between shifts. Also, I had to crank this down to limit the boost to 11lbs... so I could literally have MORE power, but tuned for longevity and economy. I have been extremely happy with the results.

One piece of advice - make sure to invest in high quality gauges to monitor what is going on. At the very least a high quality pyrometer to make sure you are not cooking your motor, causing premature wear on long hill pulls or when pulling a trailer like I do from time to time.

Good luck with your build!

Not sure why some are downplaying the CT26, it is a proven, long-standing turbo that does the job well.

I put the CT26 into my 1HZ and it has provided ~50% HP gain. The main reason I went with the CT26 over others is the quick response. I cannot stand turbo lag. Sure, there are other turbo's out there that will produce more HP, but with a longer lag between shifts. Also, I had to crank this down to limit the boost to 11lbs... so I could literally have MORE power, but tuned for longevity and economy. I have been extremely happy with the results.

One piece of advice - make sure to invest in high quality gauges to monitor what is going on. At the very least a high quality pyrometer to make sure you are not cooking your motor, causing premature wear on long hill pulls or when pulling a trailer like I do from time to time.

What kind of gauges do you recommend?

I have an Eclipse turbo I can ship you. I had it initially but decided to get a GTurbo instead.

Eclipse is now out of business. Here is info on the turbo, if interested.

The CT26 is an old and inefficient design. If you think that spools well you'd be amazed by modern turbos that deliver more boost for less drive pressure and spool up quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom