Tucson: Alamo Springs Friday, 29 November? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone want to do Alamo Springs on Friday, 29 November?

The journey is really the destination, there isn't actually very much at the springs.... A couple of trees, and some grass - It's a good place for some sandwiches.

If people are interested, post up. I would like to meet at Circle K at about 0800, with the goup on the road at 0830.

For those who don't want to make the trip across to the springs there is an option to continue on the Chimney Rock trail, and pop out at Reddington Rd.
It gets a little sketchy in there - nothing all of the "East-Side" rigs can't handle, but I would say that the drivers need to be comitted.

Let me know. I am planning to bring my FJ-40, and a couple of kids.

I believe a buddy of mine will go as well.

Rocky

All my looser friends (who are not on this board - they drive J***s and Dune Buggies) bagged out on me.

So if people are interested, but just wanted to do the Chimney Rock run, we can do that as well. It's always a good trip.

I would estimate we could be back to the Circle K before 2:00 if we needed to be.

Rocky

Last edited:
Jackson Cabin run?
If anyone wants to make the trek from Dec 4th to the 8th, stop by camp, we will be just North of the Pride Ranch house (Cherry springs area). With luck, liver and onion dinner.;)

Anyone want to do Alamo Springs on Friday, 29 November?

If people are interested, post up. I would like to meet at Circle K at about 0800, with the goup on the road at 0830.

Rocky

My wife says I don't have to Black Friday so I can come.

Is the meet at the Rebecca & Tanque Verde Circle K?

That's the place. Where the LC's were excoriated for parking "in the street"!

(I didn't even know there was one there!)

See you -

I'll be up in pinetop that day, wish I could join. Alamo is one of the few trails I haven't checked off the list around here.

Sorry we will miss you - it's a fun trail.

Tolga (AZRunner - I think) - Gelebilecekmu? (I think that means - can you come?)

Chuck

See you all; tomorrow at 0800 AM or so!

Chuck

Trip Aborted... Radiator leak....

Steve - sorry to bring you down all that way. It was a good breakfast, though. I had the girls pull the radiator, they just got it out.

I am going to go for recommendations on recoring my original (if possible), but thanks for the lead on the one at ABC.

Hopefully we can set this one up again soon.

Regards -

Chuck

P1010028_sm.jpg

P1010034_sm.JPG

P1010036_sm.JPG

P1010028_sm.jpg

P1010034_sm.JPG

P1010036_sm.JPG

Well it was a nice day for a drive & I got a little Black Friday done on the way home.

I did not get my radiator from ABC Radiator on Speedway, and I can't remember where the store was but I know it had a simple counter up front and huge racks of radiators. I'm certain I paid way less than the quote from ABC for a four core copper radiator.

Looks like you have a good staff of mechanics working for you!

Trip Aborted... Radiator leak....
:frown:

Bummer, looking forward to a trip report.
Chuck, pics should have been posted in this order.;)

The Good; P1010036_sm.JPG

The bad; P1010034_sm.JPG

And the ugly; leak3.jpg

P1010036_sm.JPG

P1010034_sm.JPG

leak3.jpg

Thanks, Steve and John -

Hoping to get the rad into the shop Monday. Very disappointing.

Cheap-a$$ Toyota's - that radiator was almost new (39 years old....). They just don't make 'em like they should.........

Chuck

Cheap-a$$ Toyota's - that radiator was almost new (39 years old....)

how annoying :doh:

better in the driveway than on the trail, though :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom