TT Evac in Redding from the fires! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My family was evacuated on Thursday night from our place near Eureka Way & Buenaventura Boulevard (west-central Redding). We lucked-out and our house still stands, but the neighborhoods immediately to the west and north were hammered. Since then, as news reports show, the fire has continued to blow through populated areas, wrecking homes and displacing a great number of folks.

A generous donation by fellow Mudder @LandForce1 will make its way to a buddy of mine who lost his home (a young single-dad with three little girls). Big Thanks!

If anyone else out there is interested and able to help the many affected families, donations are easy to make:

• United Way: Shasta County Fire Relief Fund

• Tri Counties Bank: Tri Counties Bank Starts Carr Fire Victim’s Fund with $25,000 Donation | YubaNet

• Shasta Regional Foundation Community Relief Fund: Community Disaster Relief Fund

Take care all.
- Mike

My family was evacuated on Thursday night from our place near Eureka Way & Buenaventura Boulevard (west-central Redding). We lucked-out and our house still stands, but the neighborhoods immediately to the west and north were hammered. Since then, as news reports show, the fire has continued to blow through populated areas, wrecking homes and displacing a great number of folks.

A generous donation by fellow Mudder @LandForce1 will make its way to a buddy of mine who lost his home (a young single-dad with three little girls). Big Thanks!

If anyone else out there is interested and able to help the many affected families, donations are easy to make:

• United Way: Shasta County Fire Relief Fund

• Tri Counties Bank: Tri Counties Bank Starts Carr Fire Victim’s Fund with $25,000 Donation | YubaNet

• Shasta Regional Foundation Community Relief Fund: Community Disaster Relief Fund

Take care all.
- Mike

M,

Also like I told @LandForce1 yesterday, once things settle down I'd like to get a few of the cruiser (others) guys together and donate time and misc services to locals on the weekends or when we have spare time. Help clean up, paint, landscape, haul off debris, etc. While some of this is performed by the city it can take weeks and even months to get to some. Getting back to normal routines and scenery does most people good.

I spoke with the landscape company owner that does our service at the shop yesterday and he is willing to donate a couple of crews and equipment on the weekends to help out. He already has a list of over 60 families and several homes that need help.

This is where I'll be donating my money and time to. Feel free to contact me if you want to help.

J

Jason -

That is awesome, would love to chip in.

And why am I not surprised that you would help organize and volunteer? You rock, dude.

- Mike

Jason -

That is awesome, would love to chip in.

And why am I not surprised that you would help organize and volunteer? You rock, dude.

- Mike

Coming from Texas I've seen my share (too many) of tornado devastated communities and it's heartbreaking to see what can happen to families and communities. Many fall through the cracks and never recover.

We've submitted the paperwork for some funding from the family trust and foundation as well. This will be reviewed and released by vote. Usually takes 30-45 days for the process to go through. As we are the family members that requested funds we don't get a vote, but I don't see an issue with the release for this tragedy.

I should know more on the landscape side this coming week. Not sure when they will officially raise areas to let recovery efforts begin.

Take care and swing by to visit whenever you wish.

J

M,

Also like I told @LandForce1 yesterday, once things settle down I'd like to get a few of the cruiser (others) guys together and donate time and misc services to locals on the weekends or when we have spare time. Help clean up, paint, landscape, haul off debris, etc. While some of this is performed by the city it can take weeks and even months to get to some. Getting back to normal routines and scenery does most people good.

I spoke with the landscape company owner that does our service at the shop yesterday and he is willing to donate a couple of crews and equipment on the weekends to help out. He already has a list of over 60 families and several homes that need help.

This is where I'll be donating my money and time to. Feel free to contact me if you want to help.

J
I'm in

Pulled from an Instagram post.

:cry:

Redding.jpg

Cal-Fire officials have released their goal boundary points for the Carr-Fire. It's approx. a ~50 x ~30 mile block... 1500 sq miles~ 960,000 acres. God I hope they're wrong...

North-- South of Dog Creek Rd at Vollmers
South-- North of Cottonwood Creek
West-- East of the Trinity Co line
East -- West of I-5

Cal-Fire Boundary goal.jpg

Very sorry to see Jason, my thoughts and prayers go out to you ALL. We went through a similar situation with my folks in Tennessee two years ago. And here at home we certainly understand devastation in South Louisiana with hurricanes. Good people and communities persevere. Stay safe out there

Stay safe. Here in Southeast Texas we know how disruptive these events are even if they don't physically touch you personally - whether floods, hurricanes or wildfires. In 2011, I helped clean up around the wildfires that hit central Texas area and then accompanied fire crews when they fought the fires NW of Houston.

Have a high school classmate that is a fire captain over in Weaverville, so I have been watching this one with trepidation.

We're still good and hanging in with the smoke. Just loaded up a RTT on @Wompom at the shop. I got power back yesterday, but its been on and off all day today. I'm headed back to the house to load up more coolers of water and drinks for the CHP, Sheriff's Dept, Nat'l Guard, etc.. Andrea ran all over town today with coolers of drinks and snacks for the guys.

I have a couple of good friends that are CHP'ers and one commented that the "night volunteers" hadn't come by the last two evenings/nights in some areas. One guy hadn't been relieved or given water or food in over 7 hours. So we'll be out tonight for a bit handing out waters and snacks for these guys.

Andrea ordered 200 teddy bears from Amazon and 6 pallets of dog food from the local feed store today to give out at the evac centers and animal shelters.

Please keep thinking about these guys.

J

We're still good. I went to the shop for a bit today to try and get a handle on the schedule and see where to start back up. It's hard to start up again thinking it can still be taken away.

I had to turn the swamp cooler off to keep the smoke from coming in. I have another shop fan but it wouldn't keep up and quickly got 95F.

They started removing barricades in some areas today. The evac boundary by the shop and house were removed this morning. So hopefully I'll be back to business as usual in a few more days. Just need to combat the smoke and all should be good where we are now.

Fed Ex and UPS are running in my area again so orders will start going out again tomorrow.

Thanks again all,

Jason and Andrea

excellent news Jason! Now get your self a portable oxygen tank =)

Today was horrible at the shop. I only got about 3 hours in. I guess this weekend is supposed to be a booger. Predicting 35-45mph winds back towards Redding. YICK.

Drive back to the shop at lunch.

J

REDDING 8-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom