Trunnion Bearings stuck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guu

Threads
Hi guys. Rebuilding my axle and upon stripping the left hand side down both the upper and lower trunnion bearings are stuck to the spindles which they sit on.

The right side stayed in there races but the leftside is giving me grief. I've broken the upper one trying to get it out. Any suggestions???

See picture

14888853890921670586209.jpg

Have you tried cycling heat and penetrating oil? [i.e., Heat the race with a torch (even plumbers propane torch will work) and then soak it with penetrating oil. As it cools, check for ability to move the race. Repeat cycle] This might take a lot of cycles to work the penetrating oil in deep enough to be effective.
Good luck

OK so why is the lhs race different to the right???

Seems offset and has 1.5 on it

1488886958579341034710.jpg

Those are caster/camber correction bearings, used to improve caster and or a solution for a bent axle housing. Quite popular these days. Yours are the 1.5* oriented to improve both caster and camber.

FYI:

Caster/Camber Adjusting Front Axle Knuckle Bearing Sets
2 sets per axle, Koyo Bearings. These unique bearing/race combos allow caster and camber adjustments without expensive axle modifications and repairs. Can be used to improve caster without decreasing pinion angle. Can also be used to reduce interference issues with tie rod on the 80 Series while increasing caster following a suspension install.

Early - 1990 4x/5x/6x/7x Axle Applications:
Part# FA88901 - 1.2* Caster/Camber Adjustment - $97.50
Part# FA88902 - 1.5* Caster/Camber Adjustment - $97.50
Part# FA88903 - 1.8* Caster/Camber Adjustment - $82.50
Part# FA88904 - 2.2* Caster/Camber Adjustment - $82.50
Cruiser Outfitters

mmm interesting. The reason that i am stripping this axle down is because the vehicle was pulling me quite badly onto oncoming traffic. I took it to a the only wheel alignment place here on the island and they said it was the caster and they could not adjust it.

They said it was -10 caster favoring RH side.

The truck when i first got it drove straight but then after a weekend out off roading started pulling bad.

Maybe the axle was bent prior to my ownership, fixed using the above but has bent again???

I guess i just have to get those races out and measure them with the angle finder like you showed me on the other thread???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom